Closed The #2.5

matthcarl

I finally got it! From a parallel set, of course. I've felt close for a while, and I guess today was the day. Not only did I manage the close, it felt easy, and I overcrushed it for a few seconds. I closed the #2 a year ago, probably, and it's been a slow road since then, with me mostly focusing on bending.

Big thanks to John Eaton who made me...er...encouraged me to practice gripper setting :D

Next up: RB 240N :fear

Good work Matt!

I am very happy for u!

Pick rb 240 ( the new ones are betwen the average #2.5 and #3)instead of the narrow , unless u already have the rb 240 n with u:-)

Nice work Matt. :rock

Thanks guys!

To Hugo - I do have an RB 240N and a 260N and haven't closed either of them. My real goal is to close my #3 this year...so far I can't get it much past parallel from a parallel set :blush

Great job Matt! Just think.. thats the last stepping stone before the 3. coc wise of course. Your getting close.

Edited by Chris Mathison

Great job, the 2.5 is a tough gripper, I was going to wait until I closed the three to start to get into bending, however I think that I might get into a little sooner knowing that you are doing well at it.

Great job again and MM0 here we come!!! :rock

awesome, the # 3 will be next, its trully a great feeling when the 2.5 falls !!!

Well done, just recently got the #2.5 myself and now working on the RB240N. It seems to really bind up in the last few mm, maybe because the spring is coiled tighter.

Well done, just recently got the #2.5 myself and now working on the RB240N. It seems to really bind up in the last few mm, maybe because the spring is coiled tighter.

That sounds right about the RB's, though I'm no expert. The handles feel more awkward to me as well.

Congrats man!! Thats a tough gripper. Good job.

Congrats on the #2.5 as that's a serious gripper. Might also consider a BBSM. Bought a new one and it rates a 2.8, so a decent jump up and closer to the #3.

Awesome closing the #2.5!

Wait. So the BBSM is more than #2.5? I compared the poundage charts for both.

The chart goes BBA, BBSA, BBM, BBSM, BBGM

After using the BBSA to advance to closing #2 I got the BBSM which is after the BBM. I thought the BBM was like a #2.

Now I'm freakin' out that I made a mistake.

Doug

Awesome closing the #2.5!

Wait. So the BBSM is more than #2.5? I compared the poundage charts for both.

The chart goes BBA, BBSA, BBM, BBSM, BBGM

After using the BBSA to advance to closing #2 I got the BBSM which is after the BBM. I thought the BBM was like a #2.

Now I'm freakin' out that I made a mistake.

Doug

My BBSM is harder than my #2.5

Having seen those ratings, I was also surprised that the BBSM feels harder than #2.5, I was already thinking my #2.5 is kinda weak... I'm buying BBM and BBSA to see how they compare. Hopefully BBM would be somewhere between my #2 and #2.5.

Thanks guys!

To Hugo - I do have an RB 240N and a 260N and haven't closed either of them. My real goal is to close my #3 this year...so far I can't get it much past parallel from a parallel set

Grippers vary a lot! i think u will close your rb240n very soon, (rb'season to much).

closing one easy/average #3 its very different from a hard one.

Easy/average i mean around 145/150lbs.

Hard around 160/165lbs.