Rolling thunder pull up

uber44

I did pullups tonight in my power rack with a standard bar across and a rolling thunder hand over the bar. Its very tough and seems to use concentric, crushing, wrist and every finger.

I dont know if anyone else has used these, just thought I'd pass it along.

I’ve set up a section of PVC pipe over a chin-up bar, outer diameter of about 2.4”  It too is a killer, as when your elbow changes position through the range of motion it starts to hit all the muscles differently.  After my first set, I pulled about four muscles in each arm.  It’s an incredible work out that I would suggest to all.

Now Rolling Thunder pull-ups?  I’d love to try that.  Just need another RT…

I had asked about chinups/pullups with towels over on Old school strength training....JV Askem mentioned that they are now working with pieces of vertical pipe instead...this has got to be a killer too!

Jon@han

I’ve asked the Bn XO if I can put a 2” PVC pipe over one of the pull-up bars.  Even after explaining, he still doesn’t understand.  Under the cover of darkness, I’m going to do it anyway.  Then, I’ll ask him if he wants to join me for a pull-up work out. :p

I've managed a proper one hand chin on an overhead pipe and several reps with 20 kg holding my wrist .The pipe is a little over 21/2 inches.

I've also done 10 reps using 2 fingers with 90 lbs and 132lbs for a few reps on a normal bar .

282 is my best so far. That said my #### back is giving me grief at the mo.. and my knees and my...

Guest 115-1005574997

good lifting man #### thats good #### good in fact!! :)  it aint nothing but a peanut chap  :D

nothing comes without a price steve.  as long as you dont get injured keep at it, and good look.  Roll on Jan!!!

Amazing poundage on the rolling thunder!!!!

I just know it, one of these days I'm going to read here someone lifting on the RT what I can deadlift with a bar...that's going to hurt  :hehe

Jon@han