G-rex 101

uber44

Just was wondering how this great machine is being used.

My program currentley for the GREX IS-

COC TR.X5

COC #1x5

(One hand at a time)

GREX (grp handle) 80X5

GREX (grp handle) 115X5

GREX (pinch handle) 25X3

GREX (pinch handle) 40X2

GREX (TOP HANDLES) bodyweight+40 failure one handed

GREX (TOP HANDLES) bodyweight+40 failure both hands.

Anyone else want to post routine weight or tips with the REX?

Do you use the pinch handels with the thumbs down, pros/cons of this grip? .(tuff)

Any creative uses, grip or other info would be appreciated.

I've been using the G-Rex instead of the grippers hear lately.  I plan to return to the grippers after setting some PR's on the G-Rex and hopefully shut the #3.  What an excellent piece of equipment!  I've tried the pinching while on my knees and thumbs on the bottom.  It cuts my weight I can use in half.  Uber44, what gripper have you closed?

uber,

Way to go on the G-Rex!!  I agree with you... a great piece of equipment.  However, try one more thing on it.  Put as much weight as you can put on it (start at about 150 pounds or more), then step on it (your BW) hold the TOP HANDLES two hands - for as long as possible!  Wow!  This will get a pump in your forearms, and develop you grip.  I'm doing close to 475 pounds on it now.  :)  :D

Uber44, I heated up the bottom 3/4" handle and bent it upwards so they would close up similar to a gripper.  I got the idea from someone here on the gripboard, thanks!  My best weight on the 3/4" handles is 100X6 done on Monday and I aiming for 120X6.  To correlate with the grippers, I have gotten my double stamp #3 to less than 1/16" of an inch.  I have been using the G-Rex twice a week bumping it up 5 pounds each session with good results.  I started with low weight and got a running start.  As far as reps go, I have been using a powerlifting type cycle, starting with higher reps and going towards lower reps and heavier weight.  I have also done a 5,4,3,2,1 rep scheme on the G-Rex with good results.