Europa 08-my Performance

mightyjoe

Hey guys!

Quick summary of Europa 08.

Great contest! Many competitors and some great matches.

As far as my performance? Bad day! I pulled Heavy Pro (big mistake)

and Heavy Masters.

Ended up 3rd in Masters and got smashed in Pro. No excuses but I

didn't get enough pulling time in on the table. No matter what you do

to strengthen your hands, wrist and forearms, if you don't pull a lot

you will not succeed at arm wrestling. I knew this and neglected this fact.

I hope to do better next year and I will do a lot more pulling for next years

contest. I'll try and pull 198's and not Heavy.

Paul Knight showed up and gave me huge support in spite of a bad day.

I posted some pics in my arm wrestling albumn you should really like.

I'll try and find a good arm wrestling pic of one of my matches to post.

There was a man by the name of Ron Howell that had the BIGGEST hands

I've ever seen. You would have to shake his hand to believe what I say.

The pics are good, but they do not do justice to shaking his hand. WOW!

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Great pics Joe! Brzenk's thumb is THICK! That Ron Howell has some freaky hands!

Well I showed up and got third out of four, not too well but it was my first tournament and I gained a lot of knowledge. Joe I'm not sure who the guy you brought in my class was, but I would guess he was the guy that smashed all of us in the novice 155-176 class. My first match I wasn't really sure what to expect and I got destroyed, but turns out he did the same to everyone else in the class so in comparison I did alright. I beat one guy and gave another a decent match (probably could have done better on that one) and learned a lot so ultimately it was a good experience. I thought it was really fun watching Ron Howell's matches because he looked so much older than his competitors and he was creaming them right handed! Got my picture with John Brzenk too.

Well I showed up and got third out of four, not too well but it was my first tournament and I gained a lot of knowledge. Joe I'm not sure who the guy you brought in my class was, but I would guess he was the guy that smashed all of us in the novice 155-176 class. My first match I wasn't really sure what to expect and I got destroyed, but turns out he did the same to everyone else in the class so in comparison I did alright. I beat one guy and gave another a decent match (probably could have done better on that one) and learned a lot so ultimately it was a good experience. I thought it was really fun watching Ron Howell's matches because he looked so much older than his competitors and he was creaming them right handed! Got my picture with John Brzenk too.

I wished you would have said something to me.

I don't remember hearing your name, honestly.

Jake Culver is the one that smashed everyone in that

class. He trains with me and several others. He is someone to

watch out for. In another year he will be a threat in any tournament

Pro or otherwise.

Good job on your matches. I wish I could say the same. I got to lose

weight, I was 3 lbs. away from getting in the 198's.

Mighty Joe

That was my first Armwrestling tourny to watch - It was a blast! - so much to do at the Europa and I found spending most of my time glued to watching those matches - I'm starting to catch the bug (thanks to Joe :laugh )

can you post the pic in your gallery?

I added the pic to my gallery. I didn't know that you were there Paul! You could have schooled me on some grip stuff if I had talked to you there. I learned so much about armwrestling, getting some added grip advice in would have been cool too.

I added the pic to my gallery. I didn't know that you were there Paul! You could have schooled me on some grip stuff if I had talked to you there. I learned so much about armwrestling, getting some added grip advice in would have been cool too.

Now that I know who you are I'll send you some

pics of your matches.

My daughter- in -law took pics of a lot of the matches.

You did great man!

Mighty Joe

You can come work out w/all of us any time! ;)