Complete Bending Progression Guide

John4cars

So lately all I can do is think about what I can or can't bend. I walked through Lowes today and I ended up walking to the hardware isle where they sell the nails and bolts. In the past I just saw stuff as nails, bolts, wrenches etc. Now I just wonder if I could bend the items. Or I wonder if Bencrush or Gazza or Booyah might be able to bend them. Or any of the other monsters here on the board. Weird huh?

So I look and found some galvanized 60D nails and I picked up a few for 36 cents a piece. I also picked up some more 1/4" and 5/16" drill rod as well. Ok so finally I will get to the point.

I keep reading on this board about all the different nails/rods/bolts that people are bending and I just can't seem to keep up with it all, lol. What I would like to compile or have help compiling is a complete list of the nails/rods/bolts starting from the easiest thing to bend to the most difficult. This would include IronMind nails, to FBBC stock to everything that you all can think of. I think that a complete list like this would give people a great way to visualize where there bend is at on a chart. Or if they see some steel somewhere they can reference the list/chart to see what the can buy to work on their progression upwards on the list. Or see how much harder they have to work if they want to get to bending X.

Who knows, maybe there is already a list of this kind out there and I just haven't found it yet.

So lately all I can do is think about what I can or can't bend. I walked through Lowes today and I ended up walking to the hardware isle where they sell the nails and bolts. In the past I just saw stuff as nails, bolts, wrenches etc. Now I just wonder if I could bend the items. Or I wonder if Bencrush or Gazza or Booyah might be able to bend them. Or any of the other monsters here on the board. Weird huh?

So I look and found some galvanized 60D nails and I picked up a few for 36 cents a piece. I also picked up some more 1/4" and 5/16" drill rod as well. Ok so finally I will get to the point.

I keep reading on this board about all the different nails/rods/bolts that people are bending and I just can't seem to keep up with it all, lol. What I would like to compile or have help compiling is a complete list of the nails/rods/bolts starting from the easiest thing to bend to the most difficult. This would include IronMind nails, to FBBC stock to everything that you all can think of. I think that a complete list like this would give people a great way to visualize where there bend is at on a chart. Or if they see some steel somewhere they can reference the list/chart to see what the can buy to work on their progression upwards on the list. Or see how much harder they have to work if they want to get to bending X.

Who knows, maybe there is already a list of this kind out there and I just haven't found it yet.

:D

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=11889

start here!

things vary so much its gona be pretty much a feel test for most stuff, these lists are very very broad representations of the bars.

John,

I think we all get that same fever right off. I've got list upon list printed out. Eric's results are invaluable in the calibration thread. Check them out, just remember that you have to compare stocks of equal lengh to be accurate. A 7 inch bar that calibrated at 300 lbs is probably about as difficult as a 6 inch bar that cals at 350 to 400.

Keep the fever long enough and you get to where you can remember what bolt or bar is more difficult than the others.

Later,

Tim

aaron has a 4.5 inch bastard harder than a 5 1/2 edgin? strange

It's rated by poundage Teddy, just like Eric's chart, not in order of difficulty.

I actually just noticed Aaron posted his own Steel Progression Guide on the AZ Grip website http://www.az-grip.com/FBBCSteelProgression.htm It's a little harder to interpret but just as good.

Ah, I forgot about Aaron's site. Thanks for pointing it out Derek. It's now added to the US Handstrength Blog :)