Who Has The Most World Records In Grip?

shizen

Hey I'm curious who has the most world records in grip, that can be proven and are legitimate -like a video or done in contest ext-

These would be in crushing, pinch, bending, rolling thunder, thick bar, ext. There are many events in grip, and I know some people are well rounded, so curious if there is one person who has the most world records.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I know:

2HP --> David Horne

1" V-bar --> Theo Burggraaff

Rolling Thunder --> Mark Felix

For bending see: http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/bending.html

I have no idea who's strongest with grippers, but I guess the Vulcan lvl 19 CCS of Paul Savage is pretty close (if not thé strongest).

David Horne & Steve Gardner seem to hold most of the records so I guess it would be one of them but I dont know which.

They are listed here http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/britishrecords.html (many of the Britsh records are also identified as world records)

Elizabeth Horne however probably has more records than both of them as she holds almost all the womens records.

Interesting question. For regularly contested events, does anyone hold more than one? Some people are great all around, but to actually be #1 in more than one discipline would be incredibly hard.

I think it would depend on how far out you wanted to define grip. John Brookfield hold some off-the-wall records that may or may not be considered grip. Like the 500+ 60d nails for instance.

David Horne has to be more accustomed to world records I think than anyone so he could probably offer some of the best input.

Also, to me anymore, Guiness isn't THE official world record because since they've changed they seem to be more driven towards money. They won't take just anything anymore.

Hopefully David Horne will chime in here.

Tim

John Brookfield, sure is popluar,

with his barehanded nail bending

long bar scrolls, three decks of cards teared

hes in the Ripleys Believe it or not

- definately an ace

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I know:

2HP --> David Horne

1" V-bar --> Theo Burggraaff

Rolling Thunder --> Mark Felix

For bending see: http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/bending.html

I have no idea who's strongest with grippers, but I guess the Vulcan lvl 19 CCS of Paul Savage is pretty close (if not thé strongest).

You're right. To Expand:

2" Vbar: Andrew Durnait

Axle: Is this also Andrew? Or does Haugen still have it? I can't remember Odd's number.

Then there's bending where Gazza owns all of them, unless you want to be technical and only count comp bends. So probably Gazza if you're counting bending. Who else has 3?

EDIT: Actually it could be Steve since he holds pretty much all of the One hand lift and one hand deadlift records plus a few gripper records and weaver stick.

Edited by vikingsrule92

EDIT: Actually it could be Steve since he holds pretty much all of the One hand lift and one hand deadlift records plus a few gripper records and weaver stick.

I was thinking the same thing after my post. He has the weaver stick and some OHDL records I thought. Of course if you visit the IAWA world records list it has some grip lifts on it too and there are some held by David Horne and some other board members. But I think we're talking more along the lines of grip contest records.

I was thinking the same thing after my post. He has the weaver stick and some OHDL records I thought. Of course if you visit the IAWA world records list it has some grip lifts on it too and there are some held by David Horne and some other board members. But I think we're talking more along the lines of grip contest records.

Yeah, according to Horne's website Steve has the WRs in weaver stick to rear, and one hand lift. Technically David isn't counting his OHDL records, is this because of the oldtime strongmen that supposedly did much bigger numbers? Or is there actually an official record of bigger?

Theoretically you could make up any number of similar events and rack up records with minute variations. For example, Gazza might just be the best 'unbrced bender' right now, but he could likely have a numerous records if you want to separate out bends based on stock (CRS, SS, DR, Brass, etc) and by length (7", 6.5", 6", etc.) as well as padding, speed...pretty much anything.

Theoretically you could make up any number of similar events and rack up records with minute variations. For example, Gazza might just be the best 'unbrced bender' right now, but he could likely have a numerous records if you want to separate out bends based on stock (CRS, SS, DR, Brass, etc) and by length (7", 6.5", 6", etc.) as well as padding, speed...pretty much anything.

Good point. You could also take several different organizations that are all claiming their athletes hold the "world record." I hold several world records...in my garage.

Good point. You could also take several different organizations that are all claiming their athletes hold the "world record." I hold several world records...in my garage.

Ha! I also hold the course record for the half marathon route that starts at my apartment :D

As far as competition is concerned, Durniat owns the Axle. BUT, there is a video of John Dennis doing 500lbs on it(there is an interesting story behind Durniat and Dennis that might skew Dennis' pull though). Same with Vbar but Woodall certainly could get up there if he decided to. Unless guys like Klein and Woodall have been hammering their Axle pulling, Andrew will still be on top after GGC. Chad was good for 300 at BBB3 though, so that one is up in the air.

Horseshoes- Povilaitis still owns

Hammer levering- Slim Farman is still king

As far as competition is concerned, Durniat owns the Axle. BUT, there is a video of John Dennis doing 500lbs on it(there is an interesting story behind Durniat and Dennis that might skew Dennis' pull though). Same with Vbar but Woodall certainly could get up there if he decided to. Unless guys like Klein and Woodall have been hammering their Axle pulling, Andrew will still be on top after GGC. Chad was good for 300 at BBB3 though, so that one is up in the air.

Horseshoes- Povilaitis still owns

Hammer levering- Slim Farman is still king

Would love to see Andrew and Chad go at it on the 2" vbar. Chad is good for A LOT more than 300 on the 2" vbar. He locked out 290 at BBB and looked around the room and then set it down.

Josh Dale is the only one on top of two seperate US Handstrength records- Sledge Lever and Grippers. I don't know if anyone who competes has done any better in those events.

Ryan Klein has the 1" vbar record.