Rb Gripper Springs

barbe705

I just got some RB grippers from FBBC. The 210has a larger coil for the spring than the 240. they look like the same size wire. just with a couple os squeezes they feel about right. is the size difference in the coil normal?

brent

Funny you posted this now. Paul just came up to my work and brought his RB 240, I had my RB 210. We compared them and noticed the exact same thing you did. The difference seems to be how tightly the coil is wound.

I believe Robert has stated in the past that his grippers' difficulty is based on spring coil tightness.

freaky none the less. Based on a quick feel test they are labeled correctly and they do seem at least close to where they should be. but, they look very weird right next to each other. Now I just need to TNS the 330.

brent

Ha, it's funny you mention that, cuz I just noticed that Warren Tetting just changed the coil size on the Beast to make it 1500 instead of the old 1800lb.

I have seen this mentioned in the past. I forgot where, but what I thought was a reputable source mentioned that Robert uses the same size springs and varies the tightness of them.

Hahahaha, funny you mention this, me and Paul were talking about this the other day, my 240 is way wider then all of my other 10 or so RB grippers. I thought it was just the newer grippers were made like this but I guess Bob could be right either.

EDIT: Bob is right, my 240 and 210 are both 6.95mm springs but different coil diameter, winding, however you want to put it, RB210 Dia: 25.93mm RB240 Dia 20.92mm

Edited by vikingsrule92

I am pretty sure the RB 210, 240, and 260 all have the same diameter wire. I wasn't really sure how it worked, but coil tightness makes sense....I have the 240N and 260N and the wire looks the same (no calipers) and there is only a 1/16" difference in the handle spread.

Yes he uses the same diameter of the spring and tightens the coil by three steps before making the spring thicker.

Ha, it's funny you mention that, cuz I just noticed that Warren Tetting just changed the coil size on the Beast to make it 1500 instead of the old 1800lb.

Where did you see that they changed the coil size? I had figured they just changed their estimate.

Tim

Where did you see that they changed the coil size? I had figured they just changed their estimate.

Tim

It said right on the Nutritiongeeks site.

http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/hand-gripper...nd-gripper.html

Thanks for the link, I hadn't read that before. I'm glad they changed it because I think it was too tough to close before :D .

Tim

Thanks for the link, I hadn't read that before. I'm glad they changed it because I think it was too tough to close before :D .

Tim

C'Mon Tim!!! You can crush down a 1/2" x 8" between the thighs, you should be able to rep this thing 20-30 times man! :laugh:tongue

I've used the coc's hg's, anb bb's; how does the feel of the tighter springs on the rb's differ?

According to physics, you'd think the tighter coil would ramp up more but I can't say for sure.

Derek, I think using my thighs might not be allowed. Would that be called a thigh set?

Tim

According to physics, you'd think the tighter coil would ramp up more but I can't say for sure.

Derek, I think using my thighs might not be allowed. Would that be called a thigh set?

Tim

Haha well no one could close it regular! But I figure thigh crushing it should be easy for you :laugh