M M G 0 Level Gripper

StalwartSentinel

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Gripper for MMG0?

• Keep IronMind #3 gripper
    • Use T6 or Grand Master grippers
    • Have MMG0 gripper created for sale to all
    • Other (please post constructive ideas below)

Additional Rules Specific to the Mash Monster 0 (entry level).

17. The gripper for the MMG0 certification is an IronMind #3 Gripper. The gripper is not test selected and can be the gripper owned by the athlete. So, variances in grippers are allowed and it's possible that at person could close an MMG level gripper at or even above the MMG1.

What would you all think if we make the entry gripper a Warren Tetting gripper? Replace the CoC #3 with an equivalent Tetting gripper like a T6 or Grand Master @ 250 pounds? All of the MMG1 + grippers are Tetting.

http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/branddetails.asp?BrandID=13

http://www.wwfitness.com/handgrippers.html

There was also an idea of asking Warren Tetting to create an MMG0 for people to purchase instead of the T6 or GM, that already exist.

What do you think? :cool

17. The gripper for the MMG0 certification is an IronMind #3 Gripper. The gripper is not test selected and can be the gripper owned by the athlete. So, variances in grippers are allowed and it's possible that at person could close an MMG level gripper at or even above the MMG1.

What would you all think if we make the entry gripper a Warren Tetting gripper? Replace the CoC #3 with an equivalent Tetting gripper like a T6 or Grand Master @ 250 pounds? All of the MMG1 + grippers are Tetting.

There was also an idea of asking Warren Tetting to create an MMG0 for people to purchase instead of the T6 or GM, that already exist.

I say we keep the #3 for several reasons:

- to prevent a change of certification, otherwise the whole MM0 list should be cleared and everyone should do it over again, let's not make the same mistake as you know who ;)

- It's a motivation for people to start on the mashmonster certification since it's an easy entry level certification. Easy as in, your own gripper, as many attempts as you need, etc.

- The GB has visitors from all over the globe. Some might not be wealthy enough to have the cert gripper shipped to them, since shipping can be pretty expensive.

- The actual mashmonster really starts at MM1, this is where you get your own profile, MM0 is just entry lvl.

If I remember correctly, it was stated in the very first draft of the Mash Monster rules that the Level 0 Gripper could be either an IM #3 or a BB GM gripper.

This was later rejected due to the fact that you can get custom built Grand Masters.

I say we keep the #3 for several reasons:

- to prevent a change of certification, otherwise the whole MM0 list should be cleared and everyone should do it over again, let's not make the same mistake as you know who ;)

- It's a motivation for people to start on the mashmonster certification since it's an easy entry level certification. Easy as in, your own gripper, as many attempts as you need, etc.

- The GB has visitors from all over the globe. Some might not be wealthy enough to have the cert gripper shipped to them, since shipping can be pretty expensive.

- The actual mashmonster really starts at MM1, this is where you get your own profile, MM0 is just entry lvl.

The gripper would be your own. Instead of purchasing a CoC #3, you would purchase a Tetting gripper, made to start you on the MM journey. They would all be the same from the factory.

The gripper would be your own. Instead of purchasing a CoC #3, you would purchase a Tetting gripper, made to start you on the MM journey. They would all be the same from the factory.

What's the added value of that?

It's the same as using your own #3 gripper. They still differ between grippers. Besides that, a custom made MM0 gripper is more expensive then a IM #3 (I think of shipping as well) ;)

Edited by White Scorpion

What's the added value of that?

It's the same as using your own #3 gripper. They still differ between grippers. Besides that, a custom made MM0 gripper is more expensive then a IM #3 (I think of shipping as well) ;)

...break away from using an IronMind gripper to qualify and climb the MM ladder, which also happens to use Tetting grippers...

:cool HINT HINT :cool

The T6 and Grand Master are already on the shelf at comparable (or cheaper) pricing than a CoC #3.

I thought an MMG0 gripper being available for people to purchase, own, practice with and enter the MM process with, was kinda cool! People have already purchased MMG1 + "replicas" to practice with.

I say keep the #3. Like Mark said, it would be changing the cert. Besides that, the #3 is a common gripper that a lot of us are working towards. Cert issues aside, I like my CoC grippers.

Edited by The Writer

Change the rules? Have you learned nothing, Padewan?

Keep things the same! (So sayeth someone that can't close the #3(yet) but fully intends to put MMcert B4 COCcert)

Keep things the same! (So sayeth someone that can't close the #3(yet) but fully intends to put MMcert B4 COCcert)

Oh but you have! ;) Nice B'day present!

You'll get it consistently with time!

I said stay, if you haven't got one to MM0 on you can borrow one, like Derek. :tongue

Oh but you have! ;) Nice B'day present!

You'll get it consistently with time!

I said stay, if you haven't got one to MM0 on you can borrow one, like Derek. :tongue

Thanks Mike :tongue I did that because I'm weak :laugh

I agree, keep it a #3, otherwise all other MM0s are compromised. Just because someone *cough cough* is being an ass, doesn't mean we should change OUR cert process.

I'd say to just keep the #3 as the MM0, but, what about using the T6/ Grand Master as an alterantive? So, you could use either the GM or #3? Besides, it kinda fits considering the rest of them are Tettings :D

I'd say to just keep the #3 as the MM0, but, what about using the T6/ Grand Master as an alterantive? So, you could use either the GM or #3? Besides, it kinda fits considering the rest of them are Tettings :D

It's an idea. But it doesn't matter if 10,000 people vote for it if Bill doesn't approve. Ask him if you want and if he approves I have no problem with it, but we should also take a vote.

It's an idea. But it doesn't matter if 10,000 people vote for it if Bill doesn't approve. Ask him if you want and if he approves I have no problem with it, but we should also take a vote.

I did ask Bill first otherwise, I wouldn't have put up a Poll for everyone to vote on and discuss. :)

Isn't that what Frankyboy was talking about? Because there are custom GM's then you'd have to decide how they compare to the #3, or else say they have to be a certain spread/mount or whatever

IMHO

I'd like the BBGM gripper to be used for entry MM0. All the other MM grippers are Tettings so why use a Ironmind's #3 to get on the ladder. Most #3's vary, Most BBGM's will also vary but they should both be grippers around the 150lb mark. If I use a #3 to MM0 cert and another guy uses BBGM and both grippers calibrate the same then what difference does it make?

Ironmind have their own cert, Gripboard has it's own. I think different grippers should be used for each cert and it also means people can buy a set of BB's and not have to worry about buying a #3 if all they want to do is MM certs.

As long as it is a standard BBGM/T6 (not custom mount or spread) I think they (#3 and BBGM/T6) are going to be real similar in resistance; close enough to serve the purpose anyway. I may be wrong...but isn't the MM0 cert just a qualifier to prove that you are strong enough to attempt the MM1?

I initially voted to keep it as is, but if it is really just a "test of strength" so to speak then I would reconsider and say that either is fine.

Edit: Or is the purpose of the MM0 to prove that if Ironmind didn't change the rules that person would be on the cert list of the #3? If that is the case...keep it as is.

pc

Edited by porkchop

Isn't that what Frankyboy was talking about? Because there are custom GM's then you'd have to decide how they compare to the #3, or else say they have to be a certain spread/mount or whatever

True. But in that case, it could be a rule that you have to use a T6, since you can't order special T's, so we'd know they'd all be the same. Or, on the other hand, maybe you could use a GM if you show the spread (like you do for an RB cert.) and the mount.

Btw, when did they add all the other Tetting equipment? That's where I bought my grippers, but I never noticed the other stuff before!

Edited by Magnus

True. But in that case, it could be a rule that you have to use a T6, since you can't order special T's, so we'd know they'd all be the same. Or, on the other hand, maybe you could use a GM if you show the spread (like you do for an RB cert.) and the mount.

Btw, when did they add all the other Tetting equipment? That's where I bought my grippers, but I never noticed the other stuff before!

On wwfitness.com? If so they've been there for at least a year but most likely much longer as that's the time I got into grip.

Oh and on the Ts, you can still adjustable mount them so even there it's not fair necessarily. You could mount it just barely above standard and it'd be well easier without being too noticable.

Edited by vikingsrule92

On wwfitness.com? If so they've been there for at least a year but most likely much longer as that's the time I got into grip.

Oh and on the Ts, you can still adjustable mount them so even there it's not fair necessarily. You could mount it just barely above standard and it'd be well easier without being too noticable.

No, I mean on nutritiongeeks.

Can we get this poll moved onto the main gripboard, it's be good to get a broader picture on this. More people need to see it and have a vote.

• 1 month later...

3's vary, GM's vary. IM #3's can be similiar to GMs, but it's still apples to oranges. But what' really the intent here? To prove that an member of the Gripboard has achieved an appropriate level of strength that they are now ready to attempt the MM ladder? Standard, non-custom GMs are also a comparable accomplishment of grip-strength. The current rules are largely honor based - but with video proof. As of now, if a member certs with their #3, no one except them knows if it's an easy, hard, or normal 3 (I say this with all due respect becuase I am working on the 2.5 now).

My recommendations:

1. Accept #3s and standard GMs

2. Ask for a MM0 gripper. He can always make a GM, stamp it with MM0 instead. I know many people on this board would be proud to own one, just like the other MM replicas.

3. Accept all these as a standard of strength that a Gripboard member is ready to attemp the much more stringently enforced MM ladder.

If the intent is to recognize members for a well-known certification without actually associating themselves with that certification- well then ...disregard everything above.

• 2 months later...

Although having all grippers in the MM certification within the same family makes sense, it's too late. The bar has been set. The standard is in place. I'm not even an MMO (yet). But I can tell you that it would be a bad idea. The entry level cert (MMO) may not be a big deal to some people, especially once they start climbing the ladder. But when you're right at the door of MMO, it's a real big deal. I have one #3 and one GM (non-custom). I don't have a lot to compare to, but my #3 is noticeably harder then the GM. Not by a mile, but it's noticeable. I would rate mine a 2.8. Back to the 'standard' thing. I'm in the Army. They are constantly changing standards across the board. This creates discontent, resentment, and confusion. We have a good thing going here. Same gripper, same rules. Just my 2 cents.