Howdy folks

Jonathan McMillan

Wow!  A little piece of heaven on the internet!  Great forum gang, I hope to be able to add something worthwhile to this place.

I got enthusiastic about grip training after reading dinosaur training...the theory in there about nervous conduction and the hand really stuck with me.  And I would say on a personal level that my overall strength has increased along with my grip strength.

Here's some of the goals I'm working towards and how far I've come:

pinch grip plates: 2x45lbs, just did 2x35+3.5lbs on Monday

plate curl:  45lbs, today I did 25+7.5lbs x10

wrist plate curl:  45lbs, did 10+10+5 on Friday (torque for a 25lb plate is a bit much for me still)

#3 gripper:  have only closed the trainer so far

crush a raw potato...have even bothered to try yet ;-)

Jon@han

Jonathan, welcome to MY home on the internet!!

Thanks gang...it's great to be here!

Very inspiring reading everyone's accomplishments around here!  I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and purchase the #1,2,3 so I can get my name in the limelight as well  :D

Jon@han

Jonathan,

Good choice.  I got all the grippers up front, and it was the best decision IMHO.  The grippers will last you a lifetime if properly taken care of; they are lots of fun and build your grip strength!

To work to closing the #3, you will probably have to get a grip machine.  If you need help, just ask us!  :D

Thanks,

I have a Hardy Handshake whcih I just started training again with recently.  I posted about it on old school and seems to be the thing to do is file the inside handle down to increase the range of motion so it's more comparable with the CoC's

Jon@han