Tommy Heslep

knyaz

I've watched this video many times!!

I know most people say Kinneys #4 close will go down as one of the best but Tommy's SE close on this video must be right up there at the top as well. A nice clear video and the handles are well closed :rock:rock:rock

that's the most biggest forearms and muscular hands i've ever seen on such a normal looking man haha

Holy shit! He's a monster! :blink

Are there also videos of Kinney or other of those incredible gripsters?

yeah the guys pretty insane, amazing power at 170lbs

Tommy's gripper strength is very strong but that was a narrow SE. I'm sure it was still a very stout gripper but surely not any harder than the TNS closes of Teemu and Martin, along with Larson right up there. I'm not hating by the way...just pointing out a detail that makes a big difference in no set closes. Otherwise I'd mention that there are a few guys (me included) who've no set closed a Grand Elite. And leave out the fact that the spread was ultra narrow.

Tommy's gripper strength is very strong but that was a narrow SE. I'm sure it was still a very stout gripper but surely not any harder than the TNS closes of Teemu and Martin, along with Larson right up there. I'm not hating by the way...just pointing out a detail that makes a big difference in no set closes. Otherwise I'd mention that there are a few guys (me included) who've no set closed a Grand Elite. And leave out the fact that the spread was ultra narrow.

I couldn't figure out how he was getting such a good grip on it. I was just wondering if he didn't have really long fingers but that does explain it. I couldn't tell it was a narrow from the vid but you can tell by all the stuff he does that he's extremely strong, especially pound for pound.

Tommy has done some impressive stuff all around. No slack on that guy.

Tim

I'm not hating by the way...
Yes you are! I've never liked you! :dry;):blush:D

Tommy is one of the few, including Teemu, Martin, Gazza, Larson. Jedd, Mob, Horne, Smitty and, of course, the name above all others, Sybersnott, that shows us all what CAN be done. Ben and his ilk connect us to them by showing us we can do it too.

Wish I could include myself in the above, but I just plug away like a retard and try and do what I can.

Look at Tommy and think flabbergastenpopy me, then think, how can I do better. I'm sure you'll make him proud.

It was narrow, but how much? Wasn't it like 2-5/8" ? Or was it 2-1/2"? Even so, they are both considerably more than CC width, it's very impressive.

It was narrow, but how much? Wasn't it like 2-5/8" ? Or was it 2-1/2"? Even so, they are both considerably more than CC width, it's very impressive.

I think it was 2.5", and I said I'm sure it's still very stout. But it's not the same as a standard SE spread of at least 2.75". That's all, still a very strong close though.

I think it was 2.5", and I said I'm sure it's still very stout. But it's not the same as a standard SE spread of at least 2.75". That's all, still a very strong close though.

I agree with Ben. It's not the same. I have that narrow Pro with exactly CC width spread, that calibrated at 201 lbs. Now would that compare with a CCS on the standard spread gripper calibrating the same, if I manage a TNS on it (not too much to go anymore by the way)? Absolutely no, it's very far from the truth. You have to keep in mind that as the spread gets narrow, the spot where the gripper actually starts to get harder as the spring is placed under a load moves to the position much closer to parallel. Wider gripper of the same poundage is harder throughout the larger portion of the ROM, throughout the sweep. This lead me to think how it is always beeing said without further thought how everybody is stronger through the sweep and how it is the last little bit that will hold you back. I think that as many of the advanced gripper guys favour the MMS in training, eventually it will become the sweep that will keep you from TNS closing harder grippers. In my opinion, sweep is harder to develop to be very strong and requires more time and harder training than you get with just TNS closing grippers you can close or almost close.

Just some general thoughts about the spread, sweep and training. As always, I did not say these things to take anything away from Tommy. Just to point out that the qualities of a gripper will change along with the spread, not just the measurements in mere numbers.