• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• Teemu I

• knyaz

• mightyjoe

Not sure how feasible it is, but something along the lines of:

2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3.0, 3.25 and perhaps with a 2 3/4" spread to help us guys with smaller hands. Might even want to drop down to a #2 level and end around a #3 level as I think the target audience is probably bigger in that range. ALL grippers should have a CERT for them, as I think getting guys to cert on a 2.25 or whatever will encourage them to want to keep moving up the FBBC ladder. Which means more sales :D Also I would consider making a 1" wide CC for your cert process ;)

I would guess that the majority of the board is around a #2 level, and many who are closing in on the #3 seem to have lost interest in the IM cert process. Seems like a golden opportunity to get a bunch of guys on board with the FBBC cert process/grippers, so make yours different and have "fun" with it.

Good luck with whatever you decide....

Powder coat - good. I can do all sorts of color combo's. Anodized? We'll see, I'll check into costs.

Some powder coating could be iffy. I used to work with a company that did powder coating on some steel cases that they had; the damn stuff would chip, crack and peel over time. Consider that since you'll be doing that on grippers! :blink

Have you considered a color scheme on cert grippers, like - white, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, brown & black - kinda like a belt system that karate uses? Just a suggestion...

Powder coat - good. I can do all sorts of color combo's. Anodized? We'll see, I'll check into costs.

Some powder coating could be iffy. I used to work with a company that did powder coating on some steel cases that they had; the damn stuff would chip, crack and peel over time. Consider that since you'll be doing that on grippers! :blink

Have you considered a color scheme on cert grippers, like - white, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, brown & black - kinda like a belt system that karate uses? Just a suggestion...

the color coding white, yellow blue green orange purple brown black , is really a great idea, not only would a collection of the grippers all steel and colorfull like that look really cool it would be easy to see what level your closing , thats a really great idea!!! :rock

the color coding white, yellow blue green orange purple brown black , is really a great idea, not only would a collection of the grippers all steel and colorfull like that look really cool it would be easy to see what level your closing , thats a really great idea!!! :rock

John,

All these suggestions are snazzy but when I look at most people's gripper collections, the old stanbys seem to rule. If I were selling grippers and making them, I'd shoot for consistancy in spread and poundages over snazziness. At least to start. A good 2.75 inch spread gripper with a 3/16 mounting that didn't vary much I believe would sell pretty darn good, especially if it didn't season down to nothing.

I believe an easier gripper cert would coax some (like me) out of the woodwork.

Also, if you can calibrate grippers, maybe offer some of the grippers that you've calibrated and mabe chest closed 10 or 20 times and charge a little more for a gripper that's been "checked out" and calibrated. Like some things you can pay extra for hand picked items.

Later on maybe add some above #4 grippers for chest crushers and such.

Just my 2 cents but I'd play it safe and go for consistancy and quality over bling.

Oh yeah, I'd post spring sizes too.

Tim

I think something unique would help.

Two ideas I like best are narrow handles or smaller handles.

After giving it some thought I think the thicker handles

is no good.

Thinner handles would be great for the added training

benefit (BTR).

Narrow spreads would also be nice for obvious reasons.

Brass handles wouldn't hold up. The springs would become

loose if not pinned properly after lots of use.

Colored handles would be very nice as long as the coating

didn't make them slick. But then again slick hadles are a

great training aid.

Hex handles would offer unigueness and at harder levels would

increase pain tolerance depending on how sharp the edges are.

Knurled and non-knurled would be great and both would have training

benefits.

Strengths? 3 levels below a #3 and 2 levels above a 3. The reason

being is because there's more people trying to get to the #3 level

of strength than there are those at a #3 level or above. IMO you'll

miss out on a lot of sales if you don't have something under a #2,

something over a #2. This is the majority it appears.

With all that being said, a good product line up would look something like this:

FBBC Grippers

Regular Handles-Knurled

Regualr Handles-Smooth

Thin Handles-Knurled

Thin Handles-Smooth

Hex Handles

Colored Handles Available

Narrow/Wide Spread Option

Available in 7 different strengths.

Mighty Joe

It'd be nice to know what the basis for this statement is, RB have used brass handles for quite a while with no bad effect, I have a pair and there is no apparent lack of structural integrity, if anything they feel more solid than the aluminium handles.

I would be interested in the regular handle's smooth and the thin handle's knurled and smooth would be great with strength's in between the 2 to 3.5 on a Coc rating.

It'd be nice to know what the basis for this statement is, RB have used brass handles for quite a while with no bad effect, I have a pair and there is no apparent lack of structural integrity, if anything they feel more solid than the aluminium handles.

As you know any soft material against a harder material IF

not properly seated or pinned would cause the harder material to eat into

the softer material which in turn would cause loosness.

Same goes for aluminum. I know of others that have had this problem with

brass. Some people may never experience this problem. The one's that have

had this problem have thousands of reps on the gripper and the pin job was

apparently insufficient.

The main factor would be secure seating process.

I guess what I should have said is brass handles wouldn't hold up IF

not properly pinned/seated.

I do think brass handles would look extremely nice.

Mighty Joe

Edited by Mighty Joe

Here's a rundown of offerings. They can change. Hope to have spring pricing by Fri or Mon.

Aluminum - 3/4" & 1" knurled & smooth - round

brass - 3/4" knurled & smooth - round, 3/4" hex

Steel - 1/2", 3/4" 1" knurled & smooth - round, 3/4" hex (hex not knurled)

Plus the coated/colorized stuff

Edited by John Beatty

Here's a rundown of offerings. They can change. Hope to have spring pricing by Fri or Mon.

Aluminum - 3/4" & 1" knurled & smooth - round

brass - 3/4" knurled & smooth - round, 3/4" hex

Steel - 1/2", 3/4" 1" knurled & smooth - round, 3/4" hex (hex not knurled)

Plus the coated/colorized stuff

So wht you're saying is, I need to order one of each, AND a bender's bag! ... I'll satrt saving!

John what is your bank account # so I can have my pay check direct deposited to you! HAHAHA

They all sounds good John!!

Looks GREAT!!!

I'll place my order soon as you post it as available.

Thanks again for asking for others input.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

DAMMIT John!!! Just when I decide I have to stop buying grippers because I don't even use all I have you come out with these!!! :laugh Can't wait to try them out John, they sound awesome

I know, I know, it's not like I won't burn a pile of springs having one of every type. Plus any prototypes of other oddball stuff. I'll have to build a whole new rack for grippers in the shop.

I'm thinking for the initial run, 1 just under a #2, 1 just under a #3, then 3 in the 3-4 range. Certs for all, why not?

Very nice. Having several strengths between 3 and 4 is a great idea. That seems to be what everybody needs to progress. Will the certs be "No Set " or " parellel set " ?

I'm thinking for the initial run, 1 just under a #2, 1 just under a #3, then 3 in the 3-4 range. Certs for all, why not?

sounds like a good idea! :D

Sounds Awesome John!!! Any price range estimates yet? Any idea at all? Just curious so I can start saving now :D