Wrist Roller

lloyd80s

I really like wrist rolling esecially in a power rack.

It will really work the thumb if you use a 2" or larger and roll it counter clock wise.

Slim the hammer man also does wrist rolling as well as Dennis Rodgers.

So with that endorsement i keep them in my workouts from one degree to another.

Fat Bastard makes some good ones and will customize them for you if need be.

Be carefull of the knurled one as they will rip your hands up when useing heavier poundages.

Counter clockwise viewed from which side? :erm

"...I am a confessed die-hard wrist roller addict… old school and unsupported.

In my ready bag you will find a well-used hard alpine maple wrist roller lathed by a Master Ebonist back when I was posted in Geneva. Besides that sorry looking broom-handle contraption I played with in my military academy’s gym I was not truly introduced to the wrist roller until years later by a senior field security officer (Ex-Brit SAS) I served under in Kenya and Liberia who awakened my sorry ass to weapons retention training… a long story, but believe me I never lost my fire-stick again!

The unsupported wrist roller is a proven shoulder, arm, forearm, wrist, and grip builder and when trained with certain techniques/exercises can be an excellent weapons retention strengthener; the “Two-Man War” being probably the most beneficial exercise. When lucky and back to what some (like myself) may call civilization I do enjoy some supported wrist rolling action via rigging the side of a barbell on a flat bench or squat rack and rolling up some plates. But nothing, I repeat nothing beats praying on the weaker arms in my unit/team via “Two-Man War” while sitting around in the ready room or out in the field.

I have been using my wrist roller nearly everyday for nearly 15 years now and it definitely shows..." ---from my intro posting