A Mystery Guest Arrives To Learn Grip

mobsterone

Today, as per an arrangement with Paul 'Viper' Savage, we had a very famous powerlifter come to our gym here in Gloucester. We've already attracted some of the up and coming strength athletes as well as some of the more well known names due to the wide and varied equipment we possess as well as the rough and raw atmosphere we have there.

Due to some confusion between Paul and our guest over ordering issues of an Inzer Shirt Paul offered, once that was resolved, to 'show you some grip stuff to help with your deadlift'. More on that in a moment. Here's the first photo:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4310/dscf2770ps8.jpg

Paul had the guest use a set up for pinch that he could put together in most gyms without the need for special equipment. The gloves are to save the skin for powerlifting (... another clue)

The guest went over a variety of ideas he could try including Vulcan Gripper work (standard and inverted as well as closes), pinch (as above), blob and thick handled dumbbell as well as wrist roller and thick bar lifting. Here's he's doing timed holds with a baby Inch dumbbell:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5110/dscf2774rd9.jpg

He also had his brains picked by Paul and Harry 'H' Shahlaei over some benching and deadlifting questions.

Have you guessed who it is yet?

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5396/dscf2777gq1.jpg

Yes we 'had that Andy Bolton down our gym learning grip' :D

Wow Mobster that's pretty damn cool. Like Chad said, with that kind of DL his grip should be decent. :laugh

well with a 971lb deadlift I'm sure he'll do OK in grip... :blink

he sure is a huge sob!!

Didn't he lifted 1003 pounds as a world record? Anyway, welcome to the world of grip!

ooops Steve posted about one minute before me :D

Edited by Alawadhi

Wow that's awesome, that someone with that kind of raw power is training grip.

How big are his hands, compared to yours, mobster? Just curious.

Ha, I was actually expecting you to say (idk why) Benni Magnussen...But Andy is still just as cool :rock:rock :rock

wow thats awesome, he is one of the strongest men EVER would love to meet him in person. How did he fair on the vulcan or did he try it?

Yes. Not great.

Ha, I was actually expecting you to say (idk why) Benni Magnussen...But Andy is still just as cool :rock:rock :rock

Cooler. They were rivals but Andy is ahead now and with some help will stay there.

WHo is the guy to the left, in that third pic?

Harry 'H' Shahlaei. 19 and brother of BSM (2007 and 2008) and WSM (2008) competitor Laurence Shahlaei (GB member).

SOOOoooooo... did he seem interested in keeping up the gripwork? He lost that 460kg attempt at the top because it slipped out of his hands so I would assume he'd be interested. I could care less about him joining the board here or setting any world records, I would just LOVE to see all the Muscle Mags ask him what the key was to his upcoming 1000+ pulls, to which he would respond "There were these odd gents who showed me some grip work like..." and the rest would be history. Can you imagine the impact on grip of an article like that? ESPECIALLY if he mentions specific exercises like the Vulcan and thickbar lifting?

That's 2 really pretty, really strong looking guys right there...but who's the old man on the right?

Just kidding: Andy B, The Mob, and a Shahlaei in the same gym at the same time? I could'a got stronger just walking past there!

Due to some confusion between Paul and our guest over ordering issues of an Inzer Shirt Paul offered, once that was resolved, to 'show you some grip stuff to help with your deadlift'. More on that in a moment.

He also had his brains picked by Paul and Harry 'H' Shahlaei over some benching and deadlifting questions.

Have you guessed who it is yet?

Steve,

All you had to do was to mention the word 'deadlift' and without even looking at the pics, I knew who you were talking about. Great encounter with the King of DL!! :happy

Syber