#3 Kerckhaert Plain Shoe

EricMilfeld

As he's prone to do, Mr. Knight caught up with me at work today for a little impromptu "training". We bought some Kerckhaert shoes from Derek and I decided to give the harder of the two types a try tonight. For their dimensions, including a thickness of "only" 5/16", these shoes are pretty tough. They must be forged from stronger steel than the Diamonds and St. Croixs. It's not the hardest shoe I've done, but it was still a pretty good challenge.

Half way through the video you'll see Paul try and knock me out with some leather wraps, but it didn't faze me in the least. I let it be known that leg padding is for... those who don't feel the need to demonstrate how tough they are. :laugh

As I told Paul a little earlier, there were ones MUCH harder there, so let me know and I'll send you some bigger ones. This definitely didn't look as hard as the one you did when i was in Texas (I'm guessing I'm not allowed to say what it was right? :D). Hell, if you want me too I'll send you a draft shoe or two, that would be a HELL of a shoe to take down :laugh Happy to send em buddy, let me know when you need more, looked WAY too easy for you ;)

Oh, and I'd be fine shipping these to any other bender who thinks they're man enough to take them down ;), so long as you pay for it of course.

Edited by vikingsrule92

They look nice indeed!

Eric, would you say it's stronger then a #3 Lite Rimmed? Just to get some perception of the strength of the thing ;)

I was aiming higher, but accidentally hit just your leg :tongue

They look nice indeed!

Eric, would you say it's stronger then a #3 Lite Rimmed? Just to get some perception of the strength of the thing ;)

Yes, these were a good bit tougher.

Nice job Eric! Bending on the job - is that legal? :tongue

Nice job Eric! Bending on the job - is that legal? :tongue

I checked our code of conduct, and I see no language forbidding it, but at the same time I doubt I'm entitled to bending compensation.

They look nice indeed!

Yes, these were a good bit tougher.

then it's a very impressive bend indeed!!! :rock

It always seemed to me that KH makes their shoes out of some super steel. KH's, right down to the pathetic looking KX-7's, are NEVER easy shoes. Really great bend Eric!!!

Derek, you wouldn't happen to have any extra... would you? :whistel

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Congrats Eric !! I will have to check out the vid when i get home from work.........

I would say for the most part the Kerckhaert shoes that I have done are harder than most for the same size shoe. I have done a #2 SX-7 front. http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7201 far left in the pic. It was a fairly hard shoe to heart harder than a DC2 for sure. Nice bending Eric!!

great bending!!! congrats!!

NICE!!! :rock I love the random public training sessions you guys have!! :D :D That shoe looked pretty mean. Congrats Eric!!!

BTW- Have you done any more damage to that evil "EZ" shoe? That thing is insane!!! :blink

Edited by Foxman

NICE!!! :rock I love the random public training sessions you guys have!! :D :D That shoe looked pretty mean. Congrats Eric!!!

BTW- Have you done any more damage to that evil "EZ" shoe? That thing is insane!!! :blink

Thanks, buddy!

Yes, Paul reminds me that I took that "EZ" to almost 180 a while back. So far, other than some mule shoes I have, the toughest shoe I've come across was a Diamond Bronco "000", which is much, much tougher than both the Bronco "0" and "1". I hit my sticking point of about 160 to 170 degrees with this one. It's short and thick! I'd like to try a St. Croix #3 Plain. The St. Croix #2 Rimmed (not Lite) was a tough one, similar to this #3 Kerckhaert I just did.

Zach, pm me and I'll get you whatever you want. I'm going to the shoe store tomorrow so hurry ;)

Eric, if you don't have access to #3 plains I do. Let me know.

Wow!! Man you are knocking out some super shoes!

You guys must have some much better suppliers than I have. All I run into is the ol' DC shoes.

Tim

Nice bending! All I have is an SX7 and I'm too afraid even to try it :blush

Looked strong to me I cant bend a tennis shoe HAHAHA !!!! :D

Nor could I when I started what I now consider to be the "funnest" type of bending around.

And thanks, guys!