Goodbye to the aobs dinner?

Sybersnott

Reading a blurb in a muscle magazine quoting Vic Boff... he states that next year's AOBS dinner will probably be the last one.  He is tired of doing them, and the 20th one seems like a good number to stop at.

So to all those who want to attend next year's event, please do so.  It may be the last one.  Bummer!  :(

This would truly be a tragedy to end such a great salute to the pioneers. On the other hand, Vic is old enough and has done enough that he deserves to rest on his laurels. Perhaps someone else affiliated with AOBS could step forward and take a greater role.

Mark

Mark,

The original intention of the get together was to celebrate the birthday of Milo Steinborn (if I'm not mistaken).  It was such a success that they decided to make it a yearly event.  Next years will be the 20th AOBS dinner... so Vic decided to stop it at 20.  It is a real shame, and a great event to those who do attend.

I think we should start our own annual dinner for grip enthusiasts. It would have to include beautiful bikini babes and we could have it at Joe Roark's house! I don't think he'd mind...

Roark's Roast!!  :D  I love the idea!!  I'll start to work on the mailing list right now!!  :)

I really picked the wrong time to get into this stuff.  First I find out that Slim Farman was performing right near the city I live in now...2 years before I moved here.  Now I find out that this is my last chance to get in on the AOBS...well, time to start saving up cash to make it to New York I guess...

I am in the midst of moving these days. A tent near

south/north/eastern Arizona near the Ohio border. Our

new house will not have bikini babes (my wife can be

obstinate at times) but will feature a National Geographic

moat requiring the hand over hand pulling on a 3" diameter

rope to gain access.

Once across the drawbridge, a farmer's walk up the

stone staircase with an Inch in one hand, a Millennium

in the other, two steps at a time.

Luch is at 11:30 am, and is refused to those out of

breath from the sissy entrance requirement.

But thanks for thinking of me, Paul & Snott, but I

am aPauled at what I would describe as Snott a good idea.

I guess it would be strictly "hands off" for those bikini babes!  :p