Two Brand New Double Stamp #3s

vikingsrule92

I just got 2 #3 double stamp grippers from Dennis Rogers site for about $60 shipped, much better then I figured I'd ever find on here. http://www.dennisrogers.net/blog.php (See July 25th). They're both black springed with captains of crush on the bands so I concluded they're from 2003. Although one came in blue bordered packaging the other in red. One of these is fairly average with a 2 7/8" spread. The other has a MONSTROUS 3 1/16" spread. This one is just ridiculous, it will probably cal in AT LEAST the high 150s, I frankly can't wait to get it cal'd. I'll post pics of these both later on tonight.

i got em too very nice grippers for a good price

Where can I find those 3's on his site?

I've been looking, but only the retros come up ....

Hey Derek wht did yours calibarate as

mine were

coc# 3 around 2004 packaging # 161

bought from Dennis Rogers

coc# 3 around 2004 packaging # 167

bought from Dennis Rogers

very high

Steve, are your weights calibrated? Are you sure your set up is dialed in? All of your numbers seem really high. I haven't calibrated mine yet, I don't have my own RGC.

Steve, are your weights calibrated? Are you sure your set up is dialed in? All of your numbers seem really high. I haven't calibrated mine yet, I don't have my own RGC.

Im not sure about the setup...

but the other 3s I tested

came out to be

I know, I saw them all on the RGC thread. Yeah but your #2.5s seem really high. Are your plates calibrated though? It could be fine and you got psycho #3s, if you read my log you'd see mine feel really damn hard too, they're just not cal'd yet.

I know, I saw them all on the RGC thread. Yeah but your #2.5s seem really high. Are your plates calibrated though? It could be fine and you got psycho #3s, if you read my log you'd see mine feel really damn hard too, they're just not cal'd yet.

nah they arent calibrated,

I should of done that but totally forgot too, with all the excitement of actually having the time to set up the RGC outside and get to calibrate them, could be a few pounds lighter than they actually are

Exactly, it's very important to cal the plates on a postal scale because I've seen some of Aaron's and Eric's 45s that were actually only 42-43lbs, add up any other variances and it can make a HUGE difference. Now you probably need to cal them on a postal scale and re-calibrate all of your grippers since I'm guessing you don't remember exactly which plates you used for which.

From the other thread, I didn't see a spacer in your setup. That can sometimes throw the results high.

If anyone else wants grippers from around that time, Sybersnott has some up for trade I think.

I think Postal Scales is a bit overboard for just calibrating your own grippers. But atleast weight your plates on a digital scale thats had precision to 1/5 or 1/10th a pound. And like Bob said gotta have that spacer.

will definately remember to use the spacer next time I calibarate