Chokers Or Filedown?

Captain Sam

Hi. i felt my first choked gripper today, a nr 3 and it felt ridiculus :( I didnt warm up propperly, but still it felt like the handles were set in stone! It seems to me that this would be harder sins you lose all momentum from the dynamic start or did i simply do it wrong? I did exactly what temu described on choked grippers whith the choke around the handles.

Now to the question, is it better to work on a filed down 2,5 or a choked 3, what do you think?

Hi. i felt my first choked gripper today, a nr 3 and it felt ridiculus :( I didnt warm up propperly, but still it felt like the handles were set in stone! It seems to me that this would be harder sins you lose all momentum from the dynamic start or did i simply do it wrong? I did exactly what temu described on choked grippers whith the choke around the handles.

Now to the question, is it better to work on a filed down 2,5 or a choked 3, what do you think?

Personally if you are not going anywhere with the #3 I would put the #2.5 in the choker, it won't hurt anything that it has been filed.

Depends on what you want to accomplish...which I am guessing you want to close in that last 1/4" or so? Personally I would use both. If you can't move the #3 at all in the choker then it probably isn't going to do you much good. Do over crushes with the filed #2.5 in a choker if you can't close it with a set. If you can close it with a set do some strap holds with it and gradually increase the weight. Use the #3 for negatives and the combination will get you going pretty well I think.

pc

Depends on what you want to accomplish...which I am guessing you want to close in that last 1/4" or so? Personally I would use both. If you can't move the #3 at all in the choker then it probably isn't going to do you much good. Do over crushes with the filed #2.5 in a choker if you can't close it with a set. If you can close it with a set do some strap holds with it and gradually increase the weight. Use the #3 for negatives and the combination will get you going pretty well I think.

pc

I concur

pc

I agree

pc

Ditto

pc

That pretty much sums it up.

try to use a small choke distance : 1,5 cm (less than mmonster set), watch some videos,namely Aaron doing a choked close(#4), pay attention to the technique he's doing and i bet u will close it!

Click here:

Aaron's attempt

Edited by ewokhugo