1/4" Stainless Round

pdfk20

Hey guys,

Ive just about run out of stuff to bend, so will be replenishing my supply shortly, but was thinking about getting some stainless round as i've never bent that but wondered how hard it is?

I never successfullly bent regular 1/4" sq. so theres no point getting the stainless square, 1/4" hex went down quite easily so i could get some stainless hex as well.

Any thoughts..?

Cheers guys

Pete

I believe the Stainless is about as hard as a decent G5 inch for inch. I have some G5's that are WAY tougher though.

Ok thats interesting thanks for the insight, these days as im not really training at all, a 5" G5 is about my limit, so stainless round should be ideal.

Hey Pete, good to see you bending again! Make sure you get Stainless-303 because the Stainless-304 will be way too easy for you. You ought to be able to get a hold of some 7mm Stainless too. It's almost 9/32" equivalent so that'll be a good step up without being a huge jump. 7mm CRS might be a lot cheaper than the 1/4" Stainless and be around the same level.

Ok Ben thanks for the advise, but can i make that kind of an order from FBBC?

Tis true, my insides still yearn to one day crush a bastard DU

Some people actually consider the 1/4 inch square stainless easier than the CRS equivilent. To me the kink was definately easier on the stainless.

I personally wouldn't go lower than the stainless hex. The 1/4 inch hex crs always felt harder than 1/4 inch stainless round so it may be too easy for you.

Just my opinion though.

Later,

Tim

Thanks Tim, i shall prob go ahead and order some stainless hex and round of various lengths, im a bit tentative on getting the stainless square though.

Thanks Tim, i shall prob go ahead and order some stainless hex and round of various lengths, im a bit tentative on getting the stainless square though.

Go on and just get 10 pieces of the 7"x1/4" sq Pete. You'll be getting it soon enough and besides, the kink IS easier on the SS Sq.

Well if you think that its easier to kink as well then i might be swayed