My Best Bob Day Ever...r Sorin

1stCoC

Guys, It has been a long road since the early 80s when I decided to challenge myself grip- wise with a pesky, fat, broken end of a York 100lb dumbbell. It took far longer to achieve success pinch lifting with it than any feat I have tried over the years. Having 7 7/8" length hands didn't help.. but, didn't stop me either. Over the years I continued lifting Blobs and have lived to see the worldwide interest grow. I never had an "easy day" with them but did have success. Ever since we (House and I) had good luck at the Arnolds Classic with the Blob Challenge it has a rekindled training interest in me. Having a monster like House lurking around and pushing me even when the last thing I wanted to do was grip gave me as much as the training itself. In the videos contained in the link are the results of one workout having my "best Blob day" ever. The vid contains full ground to overhead and locked Blob snatches for continued reps full hand, thumb and thee fingers, then my dream of the Blob snatch with thumb and 2 fingers. Jed please consider a "new" Blob category! My final lift before the two finger and thumb snatch lift was a max attempt, full hand pinch deadlift with a weighed 50lb (dead on) Blob and 24lb, 4 oz of added on weight. Even though I was happy that a full room of people saw it I was most pleased that my son Bert said" that was the best I ever saw you do gripping Pop" and having as usual the constant support of House right there.

Here my friends is the old guy at his best at 58.RS

Click Here for the Video.

http://www.sorinexforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=440

Hey there young man :D . That's some unreal Blobing there but I'm about as impressed with the squat snatch aspect as the grip strength for a young fellow like yourself - must be a couple Olympic lifts in your background somewhere I think. Way to show all the youngsters that are hanging around the way it's done! :rock :rock :rock

Who.. crazy blobbing Richard. The 2 finger snatch was awesome.

Congrats Mr Sorin. Simply amazing. :rock That added weight look akward which I assume added to the difficulty. Way to kick a$$.

Those were very impressive! The one with added weight was my favorite :rock

that was awesome, as BLOBS are my favorite part of grip training, I really appreciate great feats of hand strength like that :rock

Just insane. Way to prove that after all these years the best is still the best. Awesome blobbing Richard!!!! :rock :rock

What gives? I came in here expecting to see some Bobbing, and all I saw was some blobbling! :D Just kidding...

Insane blob lifts there, Richard. Incredible :blink:rock:bow:blink:rock:bow:blink:rock:bow

What gives? I came in here expecting to see some Bobbing, and all I saw was some blobbling! :D Just kidding...

Insane blob lifts there, Richard. Incredible :blink:rock:bow:blink:rock:bow:blink:rock:bow

What's blobbling? :tongue:laugh

:bow:bow:bow

You are the man!! That's what I get for calling you out earlier in the week, I like the results though!! I have got some serious catching up, snatching, blobbing to do!

Edited by House

Snatching it with two fingers + thumb!! :rock

Lifting it with 24-1/4 pounds! :rock

Awesome job!!!!! :rock:rock

Very strong Mr. Sorin :rock

I would love for you to get back to doing those feats in the grip gauntlet...now that I have seen this blob video...you should train for those feats again too :bow

Best of Luck

Chad

What's blobbling? :tongue:laugh

Oh, shut up :laugh Blobbling is nowhere near as cool as Bobbing :D

Oh, shut up :laugh Blobbling is nowhere near as cool as Bobbing :D

HaHaHa :laugh:laugh Whats Blobbling and Bobbing :laugh:laugh

Frank, I saw the same thing you did :laugh

Oh! and Richard, did I mention :blink:blink:blink

Yes, but, I call my Blob ....Bob!!!!!! lol I stay so busy I don't have time to turn around let alone spell correctly. The compound now stays buzzing with fooball players and other strength athletes seeking their grip goals and it makes me very happy and proud to watch them go after it. Other than my head, teeth, and hands aching fearfully after last weeks max outs I feel ....ok (?)RS