Europa 08 & John Brzenk

mightyjoe

I'll be going to Europa Arm Wrestling Tournament

in Dallas Texas August 16.

If any one's curious about John Brzenks forearm measurements

I'm going to put any doubts to rest.

If he's there like he was last year I'm going to get pics of his right

forearm with the tape measure around his forearm flexed.

Stay tuned for results and picture.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Edited by Mighty Joe

Cool, but I heard that they were 16" flexed? Why would anybody have doubts about that? Or did I hear "wrong"?

Cool, but I heard that they were 16" flexed? Why would anybody have doubts about that? Or did I hear "wrong"?

Bigger! ArmPower.net has them listed at 44 centimeters which is

just over 17 inches.

This is why I'm measuring them. We'll see!

Mighty Joe

Im interested in going to watch this, does it cost anything to simple be a spectator?

Last year it was $20.00 to get in the door.

There's more than just arm wrestling going on though.

Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe

What other kind of stuff is going on? Also, are there any other noteable people attending other than John Brzenk?

Mighty Joe

What other kind of stuff is going on? Also, are there any other noteable people attending other than John Brzenk?

Yes. Michael Todd, Lindley Keating, Chris Chandler.

Other events? Grappling, Body Building, Strongman, Fitness Expo, Karate,

Rock Climbing, Swimsuit contest and hundreds of incredible athletes you can

meet, talk with and learn a lot.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you're going. I'd love to meet you.

Mighty Joe

Yeah, I think me and my father should be going. I'm thinking about entering in the novice class, but is that restricted to certain ages? I'm 18 so I don't know if that would inhibit me from that. I need to go get some more information on weigh-ins and skill classes before I make a decision about entering.

Yeah, I think me and my father should be going. I'm thinking about entering in the novice class, but is that restricted to certain ages? I'm 18 so I don't know if that would inhibit me from that. I need to go get some more information on weigh-ins and skill classes before I make a decision about entering.

Novice classes are for any age.

The event info at the NE armwrestling board doesn't really say much, can I just show up at 9 AM on saturday, register and weigh in and then compete at noon? Do I have to register before hand?

The event info at the NE armwrestling board doesn't really say much, can I just show up at 9 AM on saturday, register and weigh in and then compete at noon? Do I have to register before hand?

SATURDAY 8/16/08 - Competition starts at NOON

Weigh-ins: Fri. Aug. 15, 2008 - Noon to 4pm OR Sat. 8/16 - 8 to 11am

Weight Classes:

Men's Pro Right & Left Hand: 0-165, 166-198, 199-242, 243+.

Men's Amateur Right & Left Hand: 0-154, 155-176, 177-198, 199-242, 243+.

Ladies Amateur Right Hand: 0-143, 144+

Men's Novice Right & Left Hand: 0-154, 155-176, 177-198, 199+.

Masters Right (age 40+): 0-165, 166-198, 199+

This will help you... but basically YES to your question.

Go to usarmwrestling.com and click on events at the top left

and then go down to the IFBB Super Show.

It's got all the info. you need.

See ya there!

What's your real name so i'll know who to look for?

Mighty Joe

Thanks for all the info guys. I've only been armwrestling competitively since about january, and I've never been to a competition other than the guys I work with (which has some pretty strong guys, including an ex-marine I still havent managed to beat). I've never been on a regulation table before either but I dont foresee that being a problem.

Mighty Joe my name is David Rue and I should be in the 155-176 novice class so that should narrow it down.

Thanks for all the info guys. I've only been armwrestling competitively since about january, and I've never been to a competition other than the guys I work with (which has some pretty strong guys, including an ex-marine I still havent managed to beat). I've never been on a regulation table before either but I dont foresee that being a problem.

Mighty Joe my name is David Rue and I should be in the 155-176 novice class so that should narrow it down.

That's GREAT you're competing David.

If there's anything I can help you with before the tournament

let me know and I'll show you what i think will help you with

the limited time you have.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Hi David

YOur story is very familiar to most novices and mine too. Regulation table is something you should get your arm on. I thought I was good until I face the pros. I meant those real champs of different levels in Texas. I manage to beat few novices guys but it means nothing IMO. They were bigger than me still. But there was a guy in Houston who weighed about 165lbs and beat just about every else except heavy champs. You need to know table rules such as you can't let go the peg or risking a foul. Elbow remains on the table...ect. I got blow away at the AW club by the pros and have to start at square 1 all over again. I refuse to let go my desire to improve and keep at it just for the heck of it. Why not! good luck and I maybe there too

Fightertrainer, I have never even DREAMED of beating anyone close to a pro right now. That will be years from now. I'm just wanting to get some actual experience and maybe get a win or two under my belt against some other novices.

What would you more experienced pullers recommend as adequate rest before a competition? Right now I train 3 days a week and was going to rest the entire week before the competition.

Fightertrainer, I have never even DREAMED of beating anyone close to a pro right now. That will be years from now. I'm just wanting to get some actual experience and maybe get a win or two under my belt against some other novices.

What would you more experienced pullers recommend as adequate rest before a competition? Right now I train 3 days a week and was going to rest the entire week before the competition.

The pros are so much better in experience. That alone can help them beat you, even if you're stronger. I train mostly against cables and bands isometricly 3 time/wk but not the same thing every time. I focus on my foreram a lot more and never do bicep curl, NEVER! I may do hammer hold for time. I like forearm rotation training and side pressure too with bands/dumbell. Some pros rest up to 14 days. So I guess 10 days rest is in the middle huh? IMO if your forearm is weaker then you opponent than chances you'll lose. BTW, your forearm power also relates to your hand power.

David, don't worry about Pros right now.

Just show up and get some experience under your

belt.

Like I said in a previous post, I can help you a little

before the tournament if you'd like.

Fightertrainer, I'm willing to help you also if you'll let me

know who you are and if you're coming.

I think you guys will do well not to mention you can get

an autographed picture of John Brzenk, the Greatest

Arm Wrestler in the history of the sport.

I've known Brzenk since he was 16 and I've followed hos progress

for years.

Mighty Joe

belt.

for years.

Mighty Joe

Thanks Joe, There's a good chance I might go. I live in Houston but have some business to tend to in Dallas soon. I was here about 6 year ago in Grip board as CalvinP. Not sure if you remember it but I used to talk about how Gary Ray train in AW and how he casually wrist curl 25 # plate, flip and catch too. I love to meet JB in person for sure. I will pm you next week to confirm. I am probably easiest to recogrnize if I am to go there. :) YOu will know why! :D

belt.

for years.

Mighty Joe

Thanks Joe, There's a good chance I might go. I live in Houston but have some business to tend to in Dallas soon. I was here about 6 year ago in Grip board as CalvinP. Not sure if you remember it but I used to talk about how Gary Ray train in AW and how he casually wrist curl 25 # plate, flip and catch too. I love to meet JB in person for sure. I will pm you next week to confirm. I am probably easiest to recogrnize if I am to go there. :) YOu will know why! :D

Calvin, that would be great if you make it. Like I said I'll help you

all I can in a short time.

I know Gray Ray very well and his brothers Richard and David.

David handed me my first professional lost in 1979 in Dallas at

the Texas State Tournament. He flashed me and I didn't know how

he did it. That day was the beginning of my arm wrestling career

for the next 15 years. I retired in 1994 and just recently made a

semi comeback last year at Europa (4th place Masters Class, Heavy).

Hope to do better this year. I've gotten stronger for sure due to the bending

and grip work I've been doing but I haven't got the table time in that I should

have. We'll see what happens.

I think yourself and Walrus will do great. What do you weigh and what division

will you pull? Let me know if I can help.

One tip: DON"T do any pulling whatsoever 10 days before the contest. NONE!

2 weeks before the contest keep your weight amounts lower than usual and

do more reps (10-12). Don't do anything that will break down new muscle tissue

or tear down a tendon.

Hope this helps.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Hi Joe

My weight class should be right under 154# I weigh 152 right now at 5'6". Just to be able to pull against any one is adrilnaline loaded fun, regardless!

I just got the flyer In the mail myself I might go and pull Master's right heavy's been having some shoulder issue's but will see !!!! :D

I just got the flyer In the mail myself I might go and pull Master's right heavy's been having some shoulder issue's but will see !!!! :D

Big Nasty, That would awesome if you can make it!

Let me know if you're coming.

Mighty Joe

• 2 weeks later...