Hand Gripper Helper

pawel r

Every comment I've read on this board said it was worthless.

I don't have any first hand experience with it, but it looks like it would be annoying trying to keep it in your hand and still maintain a decent set. This looks like an intersting idea, though.

Edited by Magnus

I've tried one a friend has and I did not at all like it.

thanks guys

If you don't have a large hand then just inching up the gripper a little will increase the resistance. Meaning place it in your hand so that the Index finger is closer to the spring.

Watch it man. I know where you live. :D

Watch it man. I know where you live. :D

Hah, well I have never seen you use it either. I have to thank you though, by wasting your money on the thing you saved me from wasting mine.

Wayyyyy dumb

Bought mine years ago.

Used it twice and never touched it again.

Basically worthless.

Mighty Joe

• 4 weeks later...

I have an idea for this thing. One of you that have one but never use it could try this:

1. Cut it off at where the handles on your gripper would start.

2. Put the end caps on the new ends

3. File a notch on the outside of each of the legs, between where the spring and handle are on your gripper.

4. Bend some stout wire into two small S-hooks and use them to clip the modified helper to your gripper.

This way, you can add that little bit extra without having to fiddle with it... maybe. It's better than letting the darn thing sit around, anyway. IMO, they should have just bent clips into the ends and made it shorter.

I have an idea for this thing. One of you that have one but never use it could try this:

3. File a notch on the outside of each of the legs, between where the spring and handle are on your gripper.

4. Bend some stout wire into two small S-hooks and use them to clip the modified helper to your gripper.

This way, you can add that little bit extra without having to fiddle with it... maybe. It's better than letting the darn thing sit around, anyway. IMO, they should have just bent clips into the ends and made it shorter.

without having to fiddle with it

without having to fiddle with it??? What about:

4. Bend some stout wire into two small S-hooks

Isn't that fiddling with it?

Now, every sane person!?

1. If you have these...just throw them straight in the bin.

I have said before that they're next to useless for training to close a harder gripper. They are pretty helpful for a really easy warmup though. And might be a good gripper for little people. I keep meaning to calibrate mine to see what it hits.

isn't that fiddling with it?

Sorry, I meant fiddling with it on the set.

1. If you have these...just throw them straight in the bin.

Damn, I didn't know they were that bad. I figured they could at least offer a little bit of extra resistance. How weak are these things?

BTW, thanks for the flames guys. Now my ass is nice and toasty. :D

It was just an idea.

They are good for scratching that itch on my backside I sometimes get when there is too much BS in the air. Its an allergy I've always had. Thats about all they are good for.

- Aaron

There's gotta be a FAQ for this! :tongue

Hey, I didn't mean to come off like a smartass. And I wasn't trying to BS anyone, either. I was just trying to pose an idea that would help someone make use of something that was otherwise worthless.

Hey, I didn't mean to come off like a smartass. And I wasn't trying to BS anyone, either. I was just trying to pose an idea that would help someone make use of something that was otherwise worthless.

My reply wasnt directed towards your post. More to the actual product. ;):D

- Aaron