Thomas Inch Dumbbell

DeeJay360

Doe's anyone know where I can buy a Thomas inch dumbbell or maybe a plate loadable one ?

Doe's anyone know of any grip or strongman contests that will be held either in Los Angeles , Orange,Riverside , Ventura or San Bernardino counties ?

After watching people on youtube lift the Thomas inch dumbbell I really want to give it a try.

Doe's anyone know where I can buy a Thomas inch dumbbell or maybe a plate loadable one ?

Doe's anyone know of any grip or strongman contests that will be held either in Los Angeles , Orange,Riverside , Ventura or San Bernardino counties ?

After watching people on youtube lift the Thomas inch dumbbell I really want to give it a try.

make one . weld some 2 1/2 inch pipe onto 2 inch pipe and use OL plates.

see the photograph in the homemade gripper thread for an example. The plate heightts may be a little high. They are very expensive for what they are.

Edited by Tunagrip

Check out www.nastrongmaninc.com for a listing of strongman competitions. There should be one in your area.

Be prepared. An actual Inch replica will cost you around $400 a decent day. Otherwise, as you alluded to, the loadables are a nice alternative. You can contact Chris Rice(Climber511) on this board and he can accomodate you, or you can go to www.fatbastardbarbellco.com and check out their selection.

Good luck!!!

I got one off ebay a few months ago for around $600 with shipping from the east coast. They are not made in the US currently. If you want a new one you could get it from heavygriptools in Germany and have it shipped. or you could get one on ebay, it took me about a year to finally get one that way. They rarely go up for sale as they are exceptionally good door stops.

Edit: you could also potentially ask nicely one of the Calif. guys who has one to let you come by and try it. I happened to know there are at least a few over there having tried one while on vacation.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

I got one off ebay a few months ago for around $600 with shipping from the east coast. They are not made in the US currently. If you want a new one you could get it from heavygriptools in Germany and have it shipped. or you could get one on ebay, it took me about a year to finally get one that way. They rarely go up for sale as they are exceptionally good door stops.

Edit: you could also potentially ask nicely one of the Calif. guys who has one to let you come by and try it. I happened to know there are at least a few over there having tried one while on vacation.

- Aaron

Thanks guys for responding.

I guess i'll buy the 2.5 dumbbell from Fatbastard barbbell load it up and give it a try or I will make one.

- Aaron

who in california has an inch?

When I read this I'm pretty happy to have two InchDBs. So if anybody will come to visit Germany, drop me a line! :)

I made this handle years ago for Olympic plates. It's steel plumbing pipe with a handle made from 2 3/8'' PVC pipe.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups...2831AUT0896.jpg

Here is another Inch loadable I had made for me. I had the collars made too.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups...2466Aut0618.jpg

Edited by OldGuy

- Aaron

who in california has an inch?

FatBoy, Bill McCaslin (sp?).

To the OP, there are occasionally grip comps in the California area held by the Cali grip guys like Bill, Adam, Mike, etc, or you can always come to the ones in AZ held by Aaron (acorn)

I took a look at my 2007 Iron mind catalog and they have the inch dumbbell for sale $349.95 +S&H .

If anyone lives in southern California and has the inch dumbbell and doesn't mind letting me try it

give me a pm. :D

I took a look at my 2007 Iron mind catalog and they have the inch dumbbell for sale $349.95 +S&H .

If anyone lives in southern California and has the inch dumbbell and doesn't mind letting me try it

give me a pm. :D

Last time I heard they don't sell inches anymore. There are no places in the U.S. that still do, otherwise people would buy from them instead of scouring ebay for months on end looking for them.

I was all ready to buy an Inch dumbbell through Ironmind a couple years back and had my order placed when Ironmind found out that the foundry that made them went belly up. I still want to get one eventually but will probably make my own thickhandle fixed weight dumbbell in the meanwhile.

I thinking about taking the hex heads off a 130-140lb db, welding a 2.5" handle on them and adding the ability to screw in a bar to each end where you could add plates to up the weight if you want to.

I was all ready to buy an Inch dumbbell through Ironmind a couple years back and had my order placed when Ironmind found out that the foundry that made them went belly up. I still want to get one eventually but will probably make my own thickhandle fixed weight dumbbell in the meanwhile.

I thinking about taking the hex heads off a 130-140lb db, welding a 2.5" handle on them and adding the ability to screw in a bar to each end where you could add plates to up the weight if you want to.

Sounds like a good idea.

Edited by DeeJay360

You could just drill and tap the weights for a 1"x8-10" G8 bolt, cut the head off and use the bolt itself as the loading pin. Unless your after an Olympic loadable, in which case I'm not sure where you would find a 2" G8 bolt :laugh