Fun Small Scroll

timiacobucci

I just made a little new scroll with some 1/8" flat stock I had laying around. I knew it would be easy so I twisted the hell out of it to make a challenge of it. You can make even the smallest and easiest steel a challenge if you get really aggressive with the design.

twirly scroll

Magnificent! :rock That looks awesome - it's like the world's coolest candle holder. Almost makes me want to try scrolling something.

Man Tim that is cool!!! Absolute masterful scroll work.

Tim

Nick Rosendaul turned me on to this stuff a while back - it's really fun and gives those small muscles in your hands a pretty good workout as well - nice work as usual Tim!

Thanks guys,

Almost makes me want to try scrolling something.

Why almost? Go do it man. This small stuff isn't $ like the bigger ones can be so it's pretty easy to jump into.

Why almost? Go do it man. This small stuff isn't $ like the bigger ones can be so it's pretty easy to jump into.

Convincing my wife I have to mangle a perfectly good piece of metal would be the hardest part. :blush I just started the unbraced bending a few months back and she thinks it's a complete waste. I try to keep my bending stock out of sight so as not to upset her. Scrolling is definitely something I want to have a go at but I don't have a creative bone in body so I wouldn't know what to do with it. I want to try some braced bending as well so I imagine I'll get around to it in time.

That is silly man everyone is creative, just give it a shot and move stuff around until you think it looks cool. This isn't painting, you can go back and change things around and tweak them how you want. Stuff like flat stock just looks cool and artistic all by itself when you twist it around. You know what you think looks good and you can bend it so what is so complicated about it?

As for your wife, I think if you can make something more artistic than a U, she like most people who are uninterested in the strength aspect will be able to appreciate it more. You never know until you try it out is all I'm saying. When I first got with my girlfriend I had some time at work and I grabbed a long steel band that had just been cut from a load and coiled it into a rose for her. She has looked at my steel bending in a different light since then I think.

Really cool twisty scroll Tim!! Very tight too. Nice scrolling buddy! :cool

Damn! :blink that is really cool! ............... When Christmas rolls around, you should act like its ribbon and try to wrap a present w/it and try to get it into a bow! :D that would be awesome! :laugh Great work as usual Tim! :bow

Very neat looking. That has to be the tightest twists of any scroll I've seen. Great work! :rock

WOW! I really like that design Tim.

The tight curls are awesome!

Keep up the good work.

I've missed the last 2 Sundays on my scrolling but

I plan on 1 or 2 this week.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Great Job! :bow

One of these days I'm gonna try to start doing some scrolling. Definitly seems like it could also get addicting!