Insane Attempt

John Beatty

Well, I've had two sessions this week, finally really starting to train for the BBB (we'll see how long that lasts). So that makes 2 sessions so far.....

warmed up on a Bastard, then figured why not, hit an Insane as it seems to be the popular size. Got it just short of 90. I'm a wuss.

Then followed with a Huge Shiny, got it down to 2 3/8".

A massive 3 item volume session.

Will play again Sun.

Nothing wussy about an insane to 90 degrees. Thats where I get it stuck at too. :D

Glad to see some bending out of you again! :rock

Sounds impressive to me, especially with the low volume you do.

Great job.

Tim

Hell yeah John!!! That's some serious strength there. The Huge Shiny especially, since I still consider that the harder bend overall, even harder than the Insane. Great work. You're only going to get stronger! How are your leather pads holding up? Do you use double pads? I'm asking because I saw a difference when Jason used my crappy pads compared to when he used his very good quality pads. Double pads help me more on the short stuff, more so than on the long stuff.

Thanks, guys! I did a modified double wrap for the Insane. A short piece of suede, with an IM pad over for the Insane, and my usual leather for the Huge Shiny. I'm going to really try to bend 2-3 times per week until the BBB, and for once try to see what I can really do if I actually train up for it. I have a goal in mind.

Thanks, guys! I did a modified double wrap for the Insane. A short piece of suede, with an IM pad over for the Insane, and my usual leather for the Huge Shiny. I'm going to really try to bend 2-3 times per week until the BBB, and for once try to see what I can really do if I actually train up for it. I have a goal in mind.

You will NOT bend the Insane before I do!! :D:tongue

Can't wait to see what big steel you are gonna kill! :rock

Awsome attempts! Given that you've just started again you will destroy them both soon!

I have a goal in mind.

Uh oh, John's training now guys, he was psycho strong when he barely tried, now that he's training some HUGE stuff will fall.

Oh and I'm willing to bet this goal is a KOAB?

Well, I've had two sessions this week, finally really starting to train for the BBB (we'll see how long that lasts). So that makes 2 sessions so far.....

warmed up on a Bastard, then figured why not, hit an Insane as it seems to be the popular size. Got it just short of 90. I'm a wuss.

Then followed with a Huge Shiny, got it down to 2 3/8".

A massive 3 item volume session.

Will play again Sun.

Sounds like we're on the same bending plan :D

Great work John!

Just got done & pretty happy today. The insane stopped just under 90, I'd guess about 1/2" better than last time, and I finally killed the Huge Shiny. It only took 3-4 hits & 3 crushes & finished at 1 7/8". Maybe a minute. I'm going to play with the Grand Shiny next time, just for fun.

Just got done & pretty happy today. The insane stopped just under 90, I'd guess about 1/2" better than last time, and I finally killed the Huge Shiny. It only took 3-4 hits & 3 crushes & finished at 1 7/8". Maybe a minute. I'm going to play with the Grand Shiny next time, just for fun.

Congrats John! :rock

- Aaron

John! have you tried putting the IM pads on first, then the suede? just wandering - I actually have never tried the IM pads on the outside!? hows it work for you?

Great bending John!

Stay with it buddy!

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Edited by Mighty Joe

John! have you tried putting the IM pads on first, then the suede? just wandering - I actually have never tried the IM pads on the outside!? hows it work for you?

I haven't, I'll try that next session. The suede inside seems to work pretty well, then I drop the IM pads after the bar hits 90.

Great work John. I hope you got my e-mails from the other day. Looks like you're doing just fine without them!

Hey John how are you getting the insane to 90?

What I mean is how far along are you getting the bar with both hands till you have to either switch to the crushdown position or the open/closed hand position?

For me I can get the Insane to roughly 85 degrees till my hands touch and I can't get it to move anymore. From there trying to crush it with fingers interlocked gets me absolutely zero movement.

Great work John. I hope you got my e-mails from the other day. Looks like you're doing just fine without them!

Ben-

I did, I'll email you about it later tonight, looks liek I might have some time free, the OR schedule is looking pretty good right now. And thanks, invaluable info!

Hey John how are you getting the insane to 90?

What I mean is how far along are you getting the bar with both hands till you have to either switch to the crushdown position or the open/closed hand position?

For me I can get the Insane to roughly 85 degrees till my hands touch and I can't get it to move anymore. From there trying to crush it with fingers interlocked gets me absolutely zero movement.

I hit probably a little wider, I bang fingers at probably 110, then I go open hand on my left & "punch" my closed right fist toward my left hand. I just tighten my left as hard as I can so it doesn't move much. I have to get a little more past 90 before I can get a good crush position, probably down to 75-80 or so. This is the hardest thing for me on the really short stuff, that spot from 110 down to 80.

I'm having the same problem. Once my fingers hit I have to go to the crushdown position cause my open left hand/punch with the right hand technique sucks ass! If I can get past that point also I should be able to destroy this little piece of sh*t!

Tried a Grand Shiny, down to 2 1/2" pretty quick, Got stuck on the Insane at 90 again. Bend again Sat, probably.

Tried a Grand Shiny, down to 2 1/2" pretty quick, Got stuck on the Insane at 90 again. Bend again Sat, probably.

John, if you keep this up, the record's futures are surely up in the air... ;)

:blink Nice!!