Sam Solomi

mobsterone

Does anyone have a land line number for him? I need, as a matter of some urgency, to contact him re whether or not he has booked the cheap seats we need to fly out for the European Grip Championships. I've sent him a PM and rang his mobile and left a message.

Are you guys doing the MM1 or not?

I posted asking for a contact number which patently means I've not heard from him for days and you help by asking about something completely different? How does this help? I've looked through your post and it doesn't include a telephone number to get in touch with Sam on.

I posted asking for a contact number which patently means I've not heard from him for days and you help by asking about something completely different? How does this help? I've looked through your post and it doesn't include a telephone number to get in touch with Sam on.

Hey Mobster. My question wasn't meant to help. It was meant to light a fire under both your tooshies! You guys have held this certification up several weeks now. Let's get this thing going.

I asked Twig for an address as well. Without an address, I can't get a shipping price. Without a shipping price overseas, I can't get a bead on the payment you gusy need to send, which delays this whole thing even longer.

I've held up nothing. Not one bit.

If Twig has not provided you with my address (a matter of public record as it's clearly stated on my protein site) then chase him via the PM system. Twig said he'd deal with it and if he hasn't then that doesn't imply I'm holding anything up. So it's not 'us guys' that are holding you up. Just one.

Sam has, as I have hinted at elsewhere, been dealing with some personal issues which I'd hazard a guess meant he hadn't been on the board at all for over 10 days. That'd be why I was after contact details. The 'lighting fires' was a waste if 1) you're not getting the info you want from Twig and 2) Sam's not around for anyone to get in touch with.

I'm ready to go right now and if you're willing send every MM gripper right to level 5 and I'll do them one after another (I've seen what the replicas are rated at and I've done more in competition). Does that sound like my tooshie is warm enough right now? I'd already said I'll do it and you hadn't needed to contact me or vice versa.

As for not being able to work out the postage... I live in the Gloucester. It says so right under my GB member name. There will be no difference in price between here, London or anywhere else on the mainland UK. Plus we've met and you know I live in the UK. You sure you're not dragging your feet? ;) If Twig has paid and not given you my address PM me, say so and I'll paste it before you can say boo.

Jump on Twig for anything else you need, not me. Then lets get this done.

Edited by mobsterone

Ahem! I PM'd you the day before yesterday for your address! Straight after Jedd PM'd me to see where the gripper was going to see about postage costs. So don't jump on me (although you'll be sure of a cushioned landing)

I've just checked the Whey website (which, I admit, should have occurred to me before) and I've PM'd Jedd with the Hopewell Street address, is that right?

And if Bill/Jedd wants to send all 5 that's fine by me, it'll save me on postage :D just let Sam and maybe Fred, David, Jim W, Andy C and Paul in on the certs, let's make it a Brit-MM-fest!

Ahem! I PM'd you the day before yesterday for your address! Straight after Jedd PM'd me to see where the gripper was going to see about postage costs. So don't jump on me (although you'll be sure of a cushioned landing)

I've just checked the Whey website (which, I admit, should have occurred to me before) and I've PM'd Jedd with the Hopewell Street address, is that right?

And if Bill/Jedd wants to send all 5 that's fine by me, it'll save me on postage :D just let Sam and maybe Fred, David, Jim W, Andy C and Paul in on the certs, let's make it a Brit-MM-fest!

The postage will be the same and Jedd's initial question was made more than the day before yesterday. I've not seen any address requests from you or Jedd via PM. I did get one from Sam (god knows why he's been here 5 times) re the tickets (just told me he's STILL NOT BOOKED THE COACH TO THE AIRPORT!! He's here later today... might be going back with a limp).

Send all 5 and get the guys gathered. I'm more than happy to do that.

Edited by mobsterone

I've held up nothing. Not one bit.

If Twig has not provided you with my address (a matter of public record as it's clearly stated on my protein site) then chase him via the PM system. Twig said he'd deal with it and if he hasn't then that doesn't imply I'm holding anything up. So it's not 'us guys' that are holding you up. Just one.

Sam has, as I have hinted at elsewhere, been dealing with some personal issues which I'd hazard a guess meant he hadn't been on the board at all for over 10 days. That'd be why I was after contact details. The 'lighting fires' was a waste if 1) you're not getting the info you want from Twig and 2) Sam's not around for anyone to get in touch with.

I'm ready to go right now and if you're willing send every MM gripper right to level 5 and I'll do them one after another (I've seen what the replicas are rated at and I've done more in competition). Does that sound like my tooshie is warm enough right now? I'd already said I'll do it and you hadn't needed to contact me or vice versa.

As for not being able to work out the postage... I live in the Gloucester. It says so right under my GB member name. There will be no difference in price between here, London or anywhere else on the mainland UK. Plus we've met and you know I live in the UK. You sure you're not dragging your feet? ;) If Twig has paid and not given you my address PM me, say so and I'll paste it before you can say boo.

Jump on Twig for anything else you need, not me. Then lets get this done.

I'll send you MM1. No one has gotten all 5 MM grippers let alone two at a time.

Please make sure you review the rules. Wouldn't want to have to go through this again because of a failed video-taping of the close or other violation of the process.

Please make sure you review the rules. Wouldn't want to have to go through this again because of a failed video-taping of the close or other violation of the process.

Photographing a Gripper Close by Jonathan Medwig

Lighting

The most important part of taking a good picture of a close is the proper lighting, take your pictures in a bright room, outside is even better. Keep the light above or behind the gripper, if the light is shining directly on the gripper the shine on the aluminum will make the numbers impossible to read. Ideal lighting is straight down. ;)

I'll do them outside and will go through the rules closer to the time (as opposed to a few minutes before like the last time... :blush )

Let's do this!