For The Freaks

John Beatty

I'm researching some more heavyweight stuff (and lighter). Planned additions - 3/8 hex CRS, 7/16 brass, 5/16 SS hex, 5.5" x 1/4" grade 2's, 5" x 1/4" grade 2's, 5.5" x 5/16 grade 2's, 5" x 5/16 Gr 2's

I'll soon have 6.5" Edgins, I got some 6" x 5/16 Gr8's, will have 6.5's soon.

Any suggestions, or wishes?

I'm researching some more heavyweight stuff (and lighter). Planned additions - 3/8 hex CRS, 7/16 brass, 5/16 SS hex, 5.5" x 1/4" grade 2's, 5" x 1/4" grade 2's, 5.5" x 5/16 grade 2's, 5" x 5/16 Gr 2's

Nice!! Thanks John!

Maybe if you can find some Grade 6 bolts - thad be cool - Tim Tolbert sent me some and they are tough as hell! They are made by "Lawson". Tim sent me a couple different kinds, one looked kinda old and thats the one I tried (It felt way harder than a grade 8 :rolleyes ) I haven't tried the newer one yet, but I'm hoping it will be inbetween a G5 and G8 like you would think.That would be a very nice piece for you to carry seeing how popular the Edgin was!

I'll try to think of some more stuff. Thanks again :D

I wish I could get my hands on some more of the brutal batch of 5/16 hex!!!

Not sure whether or not you have anymore left or can tell by looking at it but if you had some I'd be buying a whole lot of it! :D

The 5/16 stainless steel hex sounds fun too!!

Edited by CaptainCrush

John,

I would love to see the addition of 9/32 and 11/32 CRS. I know Chris Rice has had some so it does exist but may be hard for you to find.

As for the Lawson bolts, they were at the bottom of a bin in a store that's been there for decades so I doubt you'll find those. I can see what I can scrape up if you want some though but the common sizes are gone. Hopefully Eric will calibrate the 2 very soon so we can see if the two kinds are different.

Tim

I wish I could get my hands on some more of the brutal batch of 5/16 hex!!!

Not sure whether or not you have anymore left or can tell by looking at it but if you had some I'd be buying a whole lot of it! :D

The 5/16 stainless steel hex sounds fun too!!

I've got a few pieces you can have Chad. ;)

John,

I would love to see the addition of 9/32 and 11/32 CRS. I know Chris Rice has had some so it does exist but may be hard for you to find.

As for the Lawson bolts, they were at the bottom of a bin in a store that's been there for decades so I doubt you'll find those. I can see what I can scrape up if you want some though but the common sizes are gone. Hopefully Eric will calibrate the 2 very soon so we can see if the two kinds are different.

Tim

Tim/John

Here is a link that Mike sent me for the 11/32 stuff - its cheap and they send it fast! :yikes

https://www.onlinemetalsupply.com/p-17559-1...x-144-long.aspx

I can't get that link to work for me :(

btw Paul did my package ever get to you? Please say it did!

holy flabbergastenpoopy that would be great! :D

PM me your address and I'll send it right the flabbergastenpoopy now! :laugh

I wander how soft copper would be? or how expensive? :rolleyes

I was wondering what lets say 3/8 or bigger copper would be like. I think it would be easier than the brass.

PM sending right now!

copper is around 2.30 a pound around here now. If I had known that we would be wanting copper the last job I did we ripped down an old abandoned mental hospital with 6 inch copper pipes running everywhere!

I cleared about 3 grand extra just cutting it and taking it to the scrap yard :blink

We could of melted it down and made some shit! :D

Edited by CaptainCrush

Just don't leave the copper laying around where anybody can steal it.

Tim

The 3/8" Hex-1018 is wickedly hard stuff! Good to see you adding the 5/16" Stainless-Hex too! I hope you get the 303 and the 304 both. The 303 will stop most Edgin benders if it's the 303 variety. I've felt some of it that was harder than a KOAB (Jason Payne's stock from his 2nd to last visit) in any stage of the bend, including the kink.

What I would most like to see added to your supply is 11/32" CRS! Stock this and I will end up paying for half of your daughter's tuition through college. :D I can't get a hold of it and really would like to for the KOAB and MOAB plans I have.

The 3/8" Hex-1018 is wickedly hard stuff! Good to see you adding the 5/16" Stainless-Hex too! I hope you get the 303 and the 304 both. The 303 will stop most Edgin benders if it's the 303 variety. I've felt some of it that was harder than a KOAB (Jason Payne's stock from his 2nd to last visit) in any stage of the bend, including the kink.

What I would most like to see added to your supply is 11/32" CRS! Stock this and I will end up paying for half of your daughter's tuition through college. :D I can't get a hold of it and really would like to for the KOAB and MOAB plans I have.

Bwhahah!!!

I just looked around and couldn't find 11/32" anywhere. By dads good friend owns a huge machine shop so I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if he can get ahold of any.

I've done some 3/8 hex CRS, and the 5/16 SS hex before. Both are tough and fun in their own ways. They will be nice additions. maybe some 3/8 G5 down the road too. I havent tried that yet but I bet its a bear.

- Aaron

Bwhahah!!!

I just looked around and couldn't find 11/32" anywhere. By dads good friend owns a huge machine shop so I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if he can get ahold of any.

I've got 11/32 CRS and 303 Stainless. both are fun.

- Aaron

There might be decent interest in an F911 cert too.

11/32 is the big one I'd say, maybe a "Jack of all Bastards"? I've only ever had the 2 pieces I got from Aaron and I'd say they were pretty tought stock.

Tim

There might be decent interest in an F911 cert too.

11/32 is the big one I'd say, maybe a "Jack of all Bastards"? I've only ever had the 2 pieces I got from Aaron and I'd say they were pretty tought stock.

Tim

Eric tested this batch of 11/32 CRS at 550 although it felt harder to me. I've done one down as far as 5.5" when I was still bending alot.

- Aaron

Sounds really cool John. Hell, if you can get ahold of 9/32" and 11/32" maybe you should carry 13/32" for the freaks out there like Paul :D

I would buy the 9 and 11/32 :) Getting it in CRS in regular supply might get expensive though guys. As you all know, it's not the easiest thing to find and as far as I remember, steel companies don't like sending you stuff down past 1/16 increments because it's not something they regularly stock. I still wouldn't think it would be much more expensive than 5/16-3/8 in the end so it wont be a big hit.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

The thing is that I'd be buying in bulk, where you guys buy a few at a time, so maybe I can get the price down where it's cheaper cut from me than it is for you guys to buy & chop up yourselves. I might have time later tonight at work to look into it, plus a guy in my town works for abig machining place & said he could get me all sorts of stuff really cheap, so that's another option. I'll check on copper, but I know that will be crazy high.

The thing is that I'd be buying in bulk, where you guys buy a few at a time, so maybe I can get the price down where it's cheaper cut from me than it is for you guys to buy & chop up yourselves. I might have time later tonight at work to look into it, plus a guy in my town works for abig machining place & said he could get me all sorts of stuff really cheap, so that's another option. I'll check on copper, but I know that will be crazy high.

Looking forward to hearing what prices you're able to negotiate John. I'd definitely rather give you my business than some nameless, faceless online steel supplier...but when I need my fix I have to buy wherever I can.

My steel guy special ordered in a few sticks of 9 and 11/32 CRR for me - it was stupid expensive but bulk purchase will no doubt make a big difference in that - but it is available for sure. The 9 I got turned out pretty easy and 11 pretty hard - I think I sent a few pieces to different people but can't remember for sure now.

My steel guy special ordered in a few sticks of 9 and 11/32 CRR for me - it was stupid expensive but bulk purchase will no doubt make a big difference in that - but it is available for sure. The 9 I got turned out pretty easy and 11 pretty hard - I think I sent a few pieces to different people but can't remember for sure now.

You sent me some of the 11/32" and I should buy more because it was very hard stuff. I don't know what it calibrated at but it was way harder than an Edgin at 7". I bent the 7" version and the 6.5" over two workouts. The 7" version was under 3 minutes. The 6" is still straight. Waiting for a rainy day when I'm on the 6" hunt again.

You sent me some of the 11/32" and I should buy more because it was very hard stuff. I don't know what it calibrated at but it was way harder than an Edgin at 7". I bent the 7" version and the 6.5" over two workouts. The 7" version was under 3 minutes. The 6" is still straight. Waiting for a rainy day when I'm on the 6" hunt again.

I got mine from chris as well. Shortest I had done was 5.5" awhile back. Eric tested a 7" piece at 550, but it felt tougher than an edgin to me too.

- Aaron