30 Pound Hammer Or Bust

Bob Lipinski

Good luck Bob, looking forward to reading about the progress!

Wooo! Keep us updated Bob!!!

I'd have to wear a helmet if I tried that!

Good luck!

Tim

WOW! I just started working with an eight pound, and it feels much heavier than the six I started with...30lbs that's incredible :bow

Good luck with that one! :bow

HaHa :laugh:laugh Thats awesome!

Man and I thought it was a hell of a jump strapping my 5lb weight on my 10lb hammer. I also thought I was the only cheap bastard strapping my progression on with duct tape, haha. Wish I could find some plain bigger hammers, I've never even seen a 20lb before. That is serious business I wish you all the best with it.

Also is there and sort of consensus as to where to add weight to a hammer. I put mine on the side, but only so I could strap another 5 on the opposite side later. On top would be the hardest and over the handle seems the most stable and practical. Then you got Slim style custom jobs clamping the weight on the face of the hammer. I suppose it really doesn't make much difference for the sake of progression and just working on moving more weight in the long run.

Thanks guys.

I added mine to the bottom because it was the most secure place. Shouldn't matter, just train hard.

I got my 20 pounder online. Do a search. You might get lucky and find one locally, but I doubt it.

I found my 20 lber locally at Ace Hardware. I bet they could order one wherever thier located.

I expect a vid later on where you lever the sledge with the duck taped on! :)

I played with it today. Nothing amazing, but when I get really amped up for it I think I can do something decent with it in the near future.

I played with it today. Nothing amazing, but when I get really amped up for it I think I can do something decent with it in the near future.

Pshht, that was ugly, not strict, not competition legal, it was only touch n' go, your arm dipped...

Oh wait! It was a training lift :rolleyes

Seriously though, Bob, GREAT JOB! Even choking up on it like that and dipping the arm is super difficult. That's how my 16lb levers look right now(minus the choked up part).

Good luck Bob!

If you pull this off, that would be the greatest feat of

wrist strength ever IMO.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Edited by Mighty Joe

Thanks guys!

Damn Joe, for the greatest I gotta take that thing from the ground and add a few pounds!

Thanks guys!

Damn Joe, for the greatest I gotta take that thing from the ground and add a few pounds!

I agree with you Bob, no offense but until you beat Slim you're not the best, so that has to be your next goal :tongue

Amazing lever Bob, won't be long until you're doing it strct man!!!

Thanks guys!

I agree with you Bob, no offense but until you beat Slim you're not the best, so that has to be your next goal :tongue

Amazing lever Bob, won't be long until you're doing it strct man!!!

What was Slims best one handed lever?

Two hands lever?

I've read it was over 23 lbs. single handed.

Mighty Joe

Not strict or not just holding that thing up and doing anything with it is NASTY !!!! :D