Tandy Leather Factory

CaptainCrush

I have been on tandy leathers website for the past hour or so trying to find the suede trim that I use for wraps. Well those guys decided to either quit selling the pre-cut pieces or I'm just retarded and don't know what its called. I went through literally the whole stinkin site! :angry:

Can anyone help me out or is there a better place with fast shipping that I can order wraps?

best bet is to find a Tandy location near you and step in - you won't find pre-cut stuff, but you may find half a cow of the best leather ever. Buy it up if you can find it cause you may not find it again. < <

I just found a Tandy Store 50 miles away :blink

I'm heading there tomorrow. If I find some good stuff for wraps I'll buy a bunch, cut em and send you a bunch Paul! :cool

I just found a Tandy Store 50 miles away :blink

I'm heading there tomorrow. If I find some good stuff for wraps I'll buy a bunch, cut em and send you a bunch Paul! :cool

Nice! ........ I'll try to help out more often! :laugh:laugh Thanks buddy!

anytime flabbergastenpoopy!!!! :laugh:laugh:bow

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

flabbergastenpoopy you!

go flabbergastenpoopy yourself!

I went into Michaels this weekend to buy some new Tandy wraps and they had a very poor selection. I ended up walking out.

no problem. I was really happy with the leather ans the service. The nice thing is that the sheets can be cut to whatever size you want. If you need crush down pads, or whatever.

brent

you can get tandy suede leather at "michaels" it comes in like 8 X 12 inch squares

Edited by TKtheGreek

What is the best part to get from them>Leather Guide?

Thanks,

Matt

In my opinion the suede type leather is the best cause it has "nap" on it that helps with a better grip and as far what section of the piece to get ... I don't think it really matters. The nap help the leather grap itself as you wrap it around :)

When I was in the Tandy store I got a big piece of "economy suade" as they called it. I got that because I took my favorite wraps in and they said that's what it is and it was indeed very similiar but as with steel, suade and leather varies too. I have some suade that seems more "spongy" and let alot more pain through.

I've probably got half a dozen or so distinct wraps depending on what I'm bending.

Later,

Tim

Just figured out there's a Tandy store 38 min from my house! Next day that I'm off work I am en route!

Just figured out there's a Tandy store 38 min from my house! Next day that I'm off work I am en route!

I bet that's the same one I went to. You'll be like a kid in a candy store!

The one I went to was in sorts southern middleish St Louis.

Tim

I bet that's the same one I went to. You'll be like a kid in a candy store!

The one I went to was in sorts southern middleish St Louis.

Tim

That's it...good ole South County

Good deal Josh! I have walked out of Michael's a few times too in the past. That's why I've just kept the same old raggedy pair I've been using for 2 years. Who cares if it has holes in every layer from stuff busting through, haha. I don't.

Good deal Josh! I have walked out of Michael's a few times too in the past. That's why I've just kept the same old raggedy pair I've been using for 2 years. Who cares if it has holes in every layer from stuff busting through, haha. I don't.

Look what I found Ben.

Tandy Leather #121 KANSAS CITY

Toll Free: 800-319-2704

Manager: Jim Brazeal

13720 E. 40 Highway, Unit G

Independence, MO 64133

That's only about 10 minutes from my home! I need to get some of my own leather wraps so that when my hands heal up I can get started bending again!!!!!!

Most furniture upholstery shop's have good selection I had a guy just give me some left over's I got a bunch of set's of wrap's out of it. :D

Look what I found Ben.

Tandy Leather #121 KANSAS CITY

Toll Free: 800-319-2704

Manager: Jim Brazeal

13720 E. 40 Highway, Unit G

Independence, MO 64133

That's only about 10 minutes from my home! I need to get some of my own leather wraps so that when my hands heal up I can get started bending again!!!!!!

Nice find John! Get the best quality you can find. That's about the best advice I can give you. Figuring out how long and how wide are entirely individual things.

Most furniture upholstery shop's have good selection I had a guy just give me some left over's I got a bunch of set's of wrap's out of it. :D

Good suggestion Jason! Never thought of that for some reason. I'll look around.