Forearm Length

filipvk

Hello,

What is the length of your forearms? (from elbow to wrist)

My are 33 cm long (13").

Is there any advantageous movement in a sport for those who have long forearms?

Edited by Filip VK

How are you measuring? I just put my elbow on my desk and measured up to the first crease in my wrist.

11.5"

How are you measuring? I just put my elbow on my desk and measured up to the first crease in my wrist.

11.5"

I put a paper tape on my forearm.

Edited by Filip VK

12.5 inches

from elbow to the first crease for me

some people say the longer the muscle , the stronger the muscle

dont know if its true

12.. my forearms are short relative to the rest of me. but I make up for it in girth :)

Edited by Chris Mathison

11.5"

some people say the longer the muscle , the stronger the muscle

That's what she...ah, nevermind. Too easy.

I don't have ruler, but to answer the question a long forearm would add to having a long arm which is useful in just about every sport that involves your arm.

12.25" to first wrist crease. Pancake Sprawl, you must be really tall or or your hands hang to your knees. Maybe I have short forearms for my height (6'4"). :erm I'd think that exercises requiring flexing at the elbow (pushing/pulling) might be at a disadvantage with longer forearms but I could be wrong.

As shown by John Brzenk above with the tape pinned under the elbow and wrapped over the first knuckle...I have a measurement of 17 3/4 Inches or about 45cm...

12.25" to first wrist crease. Pancake Sprawl, you must be really tall or or your hands hang to your knees. Maybe I have short forearms for my height (6'4"). :erm I'd think that exercises requiring flexing at the elbow (pushing/pulling) might be at a disadvantage with longer forearms but I could be wrong.

i'm 6'5 but i do have really long arms. my wing span is almost 7'. i think you're right about longer forearms because one of my weaker points is shoulder pressing, i think i can only shoulder press like 70lbs for 5 times with 1 arm. it's hard for me to balance the weight all the way through the motion.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

9 3/4" erm...

Consider this...

I think you should change the measurement to how john brez does it, seems easier to get a more accurate score.

If I measure from the crease of my elbow to the first crease on my wrist (both from an anterior view) it is a similar measurement to Twig's up there. And I have probably some of the longest arms (forearms esp.) relative to my height on this board.

This would be closer to a true biometric measurement, however, easily variable and largely meaningless due to musculoskeletal structures making a study of the actual biometrics and joint relations largely impossible with a tape measure.

This would be closer to a true biometric measurement, however, easily variable and largely meaningless due to musculoskeletal structures making a study of the actual biometrics and joint relations largely impossible with a tape measure.

Dang - I actually had to think about that for a sec - please don't do that again :D

Is the measurement taking inside the forearm, or on the back of the forearm from the point of the elbow to the wrist?

this is how i measured mine from the back of the forearm from the point of the elbow to the first crease in my wrist, so maybe that's why i got a bigger reading then the rest.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

Is the measurement taking inside the forearm, or on the back of the forearm from the point of the elbow to the wrist?

this is how i measured mine from the back of the forearm from the point of the elbow to the first crease in my wrist, so maybe that's why i got a bigger reading then the rest.

Measuring the back of the forearm from the point of the elbow to the first crease of the wrist, I also got 14 1/4'' I believe this is the correct way to measure forearm length.

Measuring the back of the forearm from the point of the elbow to the first crease of the wrist, I also got 14 1/4'' I believe this is the correct way to measure forearm length.

That would be as accurate as you could get I think. Of course the "elbow" meaning the point is basically a boney protrusion which may or may not correlate with the elbow joint. It will be basically the length of the ulna, however.