First Do Bending With Bencrush

John4cars

Hello everyone, my name is John and I have an addiction!

Well yesterday I went over and spent about half of the day closing grippers and doing the overhand bending for the first time ever. Here are a couple of conclusions that I have come to.

1. After the first bend I was absolutely hooked! :rock

2. When the palms of your hand start hurting, stop for a moment to examine them to make sure you still have skin left. :blink

3. I never knew that after you bend for hours that your neck just below the chin would feel like some punched you there. :D Noticed it when I woke up today.

4. No one ever told me I would dream all night long about bending. No kidding!

5. I have the overwhelming urge to buy leather wraps so I can get started bending this morning. Probably not a good idea though.

6. I would list all of the places that I am sore today but I am not sure that I can count that high this early in the morning.

7. After an awesome bend my adrenaline must have been flowing strong because I picked up my new hose clamped Coc#2.5 that I received this Fri (hose-clamped to parallel) and crushed it like it was my coc#1 :blink

To have Bencrush as my teacher for the first session of double overhand bending was awesome. Every time I started with bad form and brought the nails/rods away from my neck he would tell me to bring it back up, and what do you know, even though it felt awkward all of the major bending that happened always happened when he had me adjust my form.

I honestly felt like I wanted to bend all day long. But as my hands tore on my 7 minute bend of the shiny 60D, I needed to quit. Not to mention the rest of my body needed a serious rest.

Here is a list of videos that I we took from my bending and grippers.

John Sandy Coc2 close

John Sandy 1st dOH bend 3 16 x 7 stainless

John Sandy 2nd DO 8 twist timber tie

John Sandy 3rd DO bend 6in and quarter in grade 2

John Sandy 4th DO bend 60 D

John Sandy 5th DO Shiny 60 D

John Sandy 6th DO bend 8 twist timber tie

John Sandy 7th DO bend quarter inch by 7in drill rod

Coc single stamped (Jason Payne's) difficult 2 not quite

John Sandy Coc# 2.5 close in hose clamp parallel

John Sandy New Coc# 2.5 1st try in Hose Clamp.AVI

Edited by John III

props dude, stick with it youll progress really quickly! especially with Ben training u

Edited by TKtheGreek

You sure got a great start! :rock Congrats on those great first bends. Props to Ben for guiding you along.

Welcome John!!! Awesome bending workout :rock:rock I am addicted too :blush:blink

Alot of good bends. I especially liked your fight with the shiny 60D. You will murder that piece next time!

Yeah, it was a great time watching the raging enthusiasm John put into the bending. I don't know many guys that would be almost fist fighting me to keep bending even when they've got flaps of skin coming off on their palms.

Yeah, it was a great time watching the raging enthusiasm John put into the bending. I don't know many guys that would be almost fist fighting me to keep bending even when they've got flaps of skin coming off on their palms.

That was fun. Not the hanging skin part but the bending. Now once the bending stigmata heals I can start bendimng again!

Sweet stuff John have a great time with it and great job on what you got started with!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Sweet stuff John have a great time with it and great job on what you got started with!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Thanks Brendan!

Man you wouldn't believe how much everyone was giving me sh@t today when I told them about the bending. They thought bending was the funniest thing they had ever heard of. Doesn't bother me what they think, but it sure doesn't make any sense to those guy I work with.

They thought grippers were goofy but now they really think I'm a loon, lol.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan!

Man you wouldn't believe how much everyone was giving me sh@t today when I told them about the bending. They thought bending was the funniest thing they had ever heard of. Doesn't bother me what they think, but it sure doesn't make any sense to those guy I work with.

Get used to it :laugh

Your gonna get good real fast :rock

Brendan

Thanks Brendan!

Get used to it :laugh

Your gonna get good real fast :rock

:rock

Edited by John III