Coc #1 To #2.5

brownab

I meant to order a CoC #1 and a #2, but either Ironmind or I screwed up, probably the latter, and I receive a #1 and a #2.5. Can I use training methods such as choking the 2.5 and filing the 1 to progress from one the other. I can close the #1 with difficultly, but can't even come close on the 2.5. Thanks for the help.

Yes, you can bypass the #2 but it might be more of a struggle. You already seem to know a couple methods to help with that (filing & choker work). I'd suggest holds for time (like the coin holds/strap holds) to help build more strength using the #1. Spend some time learning to set and you'll make more of a dent in that #2.5. I bought only a #2 when I started out and could close it to about parallel...took me 6 months to get it shut (I wish I had bought the #1 at the same time). If you can afford it I would order a #2 and keep your #2.5 since you'll need it eventually. If you're dead set on having a #2 and can't afford to buy one maybe you can trade with someone here in the trading sub-forum.

You should be able to do it. I've got a hard #2 that it took me a long while to close it after the #1 but I still did and then moved on to the #3. You could always pick up a HG250 to fill the gap. They are generally easier than a #2.

Edited by Incindium

I meant to order a CoC #1 and a #2, but either Ironmind or I screwed up, probably the latter, and I receive a #1 and a #2.5. Can I use training methods such as choking the 2.5 and filing the 1 to progress from one the other. I can close the #1 with difficultly, but can't even come close on the 2.5. Thanks for the help.

I don't really think so to tell you the truth. The #1 can become lightweight and as easy as a store bought gripper eventually, but the gap between the #1 and #2 is pretty big. Whereas a gap between a #1 and #2.5 is HUGE! If I were you, I'd look up the original order you place with IronMind, and if it's your mistake, contact them and ask them if you can exchange the #2.5 for a #1.5.

Your better off having a #1 and #1.5 to start off with, considering the #1 is pretty hard for you to close now, but yet you're saying you can close it. the #2.5 is a BEAST! Don't think it's possible to make such a jump, and if it is then it would be very difficult. Why not just train and have fun with these grippers by taking it one step at a time. Hope my opinion helps.

Hope you can close the #2 within few months from now!

I don't really think so to tell you the truth. The #1 can become lightweight and as easy as a store bought gripper eventually, but the gap between the #1 and #2 is pretty big. Whereas a gap between a #1 and #2.5 is HUGE! If I were you, I'd look up the original order you place with IronMind, and if it's your mistake, contact them and ask them if you can exchange the #2.5 for a #1.5.

Your better off having a #1 and #1.5 to start off with, considering the #1 is pretty hard for you to close now, but yet you're saying you can close it. the #2.5 is a BEAST! Don't think it's possible to make such a jump, and if it is then it would be very difficult. Why not just train and have fun with these grippers by taking it one step at a time. Hope my opinion helps.

Hope you can close the #2 within few months from now!

I'm going to agree with Danny here. I started with the T and #1 and quickly progressed to the #1.5. After a month or two of using it, I ordered the #2 and it kicked my butt. I finally closed the #2 last week a number of times after almost 2 months or hard work on the grippers. I received my #2.5 about 2 weeks ago and there is a huge difference between the #2 and #2.5. I think if all I had was a #1 and a #2.5, then I would have said to hell with it. The #2.5 is very stout. Either way, it is doable and best of luck.

Thanks for the help, I'll work the 1 until I can rep the hell out of it filed. If at that point I'm not strong enough to train negatives with the 2.5 I'll order something like the HG 250.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO step T->#2 less then step #2 -> #2.5. It took for me 6 and 9 monthes correspondingly.

Buy #2 is a good idea.

I'd order a #1.5 and #2 as IMO the smaller increments you can make the better, both physically and mentally....

I quite agree. For the record, I have closed the #1 for 28 parallel reps, and cannot yet close a #2.5 from a parallel set. It sounds like money is tight, but it would be a great investment and you really might get discouraged otherwise.

It might be doable, but you'll get there much faster if you have the intermediate grippers. Buy #1.5 and #2 and enjoy!