Fantastic Attempt On Saturday

bencrush

Wish me luck! I took one to 52 degrees today on video and it was rough and pretty hard on my hands. My hands are very tender already from 3 days of crushdown hell so it was great to get that much kink out of the Fantastic. If things work out right I'll finish one off in 5 minutes or less on Saturday. Having JohnIII over to train grip stuff. He'll be shooting for his own bending PRs also, so I'll be wishing him the best and teaching him everything I can relay in that amount of time. I cut the Fantastic from a batch of Insanes I have leftover from a few years back. Definitely the "easy" stock compared to some of the hard Bastards I've bent since then. But I'd guess it's about the average batches that were around 450 at 7".

The 4" length really doesn't suit me. It hurts my knuckles so I'm going to try to minimize my time spent training on it. I've spent the last 3 days doing a lot of crushdown training and isos and if I get the mix of stimulation and recovery just right on Saturday...I'll secure the 2nd Fantastic bend on the list. Unless Mike, Aaron, Paul, or Fox decide to knock it out of the park before then! Go for it guys. Don't be nice just to give me a chance. :rock

I don't know where to go after the 4". I've got to decide between a 7" focus or a 5" focus. 7" stuff is really stressing my shoulders again the few times I've messed with it since restarting training. That's one decent thing I can say about the super shorty stuff at least. Didn't feel like it was killing my shoulders as much as my hands and knuckles. I may have partially dislocated my right index knuckle because it's offset tonight...I'm soaking it and icing it now but I'm still able to type so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I've improved my kink ability drastically in just a few weeks. I kinked a Fantastic to 18 degrees the other day and was quite happy with that. Today was 52 degrees. Hopefully Saturday will give me enough rest time to get it closer to 90 and then I've got a shot at finishing it off if I can get everything dialed in. Hats off to you guys bending this and shorter DU! :cool

You'll get it man! Not a doubt in my mind!!! :mosher

Thanks Chad! I hope so man. I've learned not to be too cocky about the short stuff and the Stainless! It's kicked me in the balls a few times before. Nothing like bragging and then looking like a total douche when you can't deliver.

You'll get it man! Not a doubt in my mind!!! :mosher

Thanks Chad! I hope so man. I've learned not to be too cocky about the short stuff and the Stainless! It's kicked me in the balls a few times before. Nothing like bragging and then looking like a total douche when you can't deliver.

Haha!!! I've heard that man! I'm sure you'll make all us benders proud though! :)

Wish me luck! I took one to 52 degrees today on video and it was rough and pretty hard on my hands. My hands are very tender already from 3 days of crushdown hell so it was great to get that much kink out of the Fantastic. If things work out right I'll finish one off in 5 minutes or less on Saturday. Having JohnIII over to train grip stuff. He'll be shooting for his own bending PRs also, so I'll be wishing him the best and teaching him everything I can relay in that amount of time. I cut the Fantastic from a batch of Insanes I have leftover from a few years back. Definitely the "easy" stock compared to some of the hard Bastards I've bent since then. But I'd guess it's about the average batches that were around 450 at 7".

The 4" length really doesn't suit me. It hurts my knuckles so I'm going to try to minimize my time spent training on it. I've spent the last 3 days doing a lot of crushdown training and isos and if I get the mix of stimulation and recovery just right on Saturday...I'll secure the 2nd Fantastic bend on the list. Unless Mike, Aaron, Paul, or Fox decide to knock it out of the park before then! Go for it guys. Don't be nice just to give me a chance. :rock

I don't know where to go after the 4". I've got to decide between a 7" focus or a 5" focus. 7" stuff is really stressing my shoulders again the few times I've messed with it since restarting training. That's one decent thing I can say about the super shorty stuff at least. Didn't feel like it was killing my shoulders as much as my hands and knuckles. I may have partially dislocated my right index knuckle because it's offset tonight...I'm soaking it and icing it now but I'm still able to type so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I've improved my kink ability drastically in just a few weeks. I kinked a Fantastic to 18 degrees the other day and was quite happy with that. Today was 52 degrees. Hopefully Saturday will give me enough rest time to get it closer to 90 and then I've got a shot at finishing it off if I can get everything dialed in. Hats off to you guys bending this and shorter DU! :cool

Best of luck to you Ben! :yikes but you won't need it! :mosher

Yeah! thats it - I'm just gonna be nice and let you complete the bend first :rolleyes My crush is so far behind yours its not even funny! Smash it Ben! :angry::angry::angry:

Dang it, I left out how I improved my kink, just for those that are interested in improving their own. I just simply cut a bunch of 4" pieces from the endless supply of different stock I have in the garage and went to town on those. Kept track of my kink PRs and tracked it day by day from piece to piece. Took the Insane Shiny to 20 degrees in 19 seconds on my last kink workout. Not super strong but it has helped me feel stronger on the Fantastic. Plus it would have the benefit of improving my chances on the Insane Hex if I choose to focus on that next. The farthest I got the Insane Hex (not the brutal stuff!) was 25 degrees in about 30 seconds. Once it's frozen there it's unmoveable for me at that point. The short stuff has its pluses and minuses just like anything else. My hands are just feeling too big lately to do the short stuff comfortably. It almost seems like they're slightly bigger than they were last year because they're just plain getting in the way more than they used to. It's possible that they've grown and gotten thicker.

Best of luck to you Ben! :yikes but you won't need it! :mosher

Yeah! thats it - I'm just gonna be nice and let you complete the bend first :rolleyes My crush is so far behind yours its not even funny! Smash it Ben! :angry::angry::angry:

You're too kind Paul! I can't imagine bending the Big KOAB like you just did. Your crushdown is phenomenal at this point. Maybe it's just getting used to the shorter stuff. That could definitely be it. I prefer the crushdown on 7" stock because I feel like I can get more of my hand on the bar and that leads to more stability for me.

All my best Ben!!!

Brendan

Go get it buddy! Man if you had some of the old 385 lbs bastards you'd have already killed it.

I really don't see how you guys are getting a good hold on this crazy short stuff.

Tim

Kill it Ben!!! :rock :rock :rock I know you got it in you man! In any case, I won't be killing any official DO fantastics any time soon. I am out of bastard stock. I assume John still has the crazy hard bastards? I'll probably shoot for some short hard hex or shinys instead!! :D Good luck buddy!!

Go get it Ben!!!!! :rock:rock

Me: Hey Fantastic... Fantastic: Casey, what's wrong? Me: Well...I'm just going to miss having you around :( Fantastic: What do you mean? Me: Well you're just going to be gone, and not so fantastic after this Saturday, when the Steel Guru murders you... Fantastic: You can't be serious!!! BEN EDWARDS?!!!! Ben #@$^#%^*$@^#& EDWARDS!!!!! He thinks he is going to hurt me?!!!!!! Me: To tell you the truth...he KNOWS he is going to kill you :( Fantastic: Ben Edwards is a punk. He is all talk and no walk. He has no idea what he is in for. I am a tough piece of steel and you don't mess with me, especially someone like Ben Edwards! Me: I guess this is going to be a showdown then? Fantastic: Oh yeah! Tell that punk Ben Edwards to bring 2 good meals, 1 for lunch, and another for his last supper. :rock!!! :dry

I know what you are saying right now Mr. Steel Guru "Oh no he didn't!!!". The truth is...he did sir. I didn't want to defend you because he intimidated me sir. I'm sorry, I have failed you. :cry:bow

Me: Hey Fantastic... Fantastic: Casey, what's wrong? Me: Well...I'm just going to miss having you around :( Fantastic: What do you mean? Me: Well you're just going to be gone, and not so fantastic after this Saturday, when the Steel Guru murders you... Fantastic: You can't be serious!!! BEN EDWARDS?!!!! Ben #@$^#%^*$@^#& EDWARDS!!!!! He thinks he is going to hurt me?!!!!!! Me: To tell you the truth...he KNOWS he is going to kill you :( Fantastic: Ben Edwards is a punk. He is all talk and no walk. He has no idea what he is in for. I am a tough piece of steel and you don't mess with me, especially someone like Ben Edwards! Me: I guess this is going to be a showdown then? Fantastic: Oh yeah! Tell that punk Ben Edwards to bring 2 good meals, 1 for lunch, and another for his last supper. :rock!!! :dry

I know what you are saying right now Mr. Steel Guru "Oh no he didn't!!!". The truth is...he did sir. I didn't want to defend you because he intimidated me sir. I'm sorry, I have failed you. :cry:bow

:laugh:laugh:laugh That made me laugh!

You'll get it Ben! I have an exuberant amount of confidence in your abilities. :rock

pc

HAHA, Go get it Ben!! :rock No problem for you man!!!

All my best Ben!!!

Brendan

Thanks Brendan! I am getting more and more pumped up to give this bastard the ride of its short life. I want to roar through the kink and sweep to the 90 degree stage and then rest a bit for the terrible crushdown that's going to be waiting for me there.

All my best Ben!!!

Brendan

Thanks Brendan! I am getting more and more pumped up to give this bastard the ride of its short life. I want to roar through the kink and sweep to the 90 degree stage and then rest a bit for the terrible crushdown that's going to be waiting for me there.

I say don't let it cool, keep hitting that SOB til its finished! :yikes

Go get it buddy! Man if you had some of the old 385 lbs bastards you'd have already killed it.

I really don't see how you guys are getting a good hold on this crazy short stuff.

Tim

Thanks Tim! I think you're right about the super easy Bastards, but who knows. I might be overestimating my strength and abilities. I am amazed too at the short stuff being bent in any style. The 3.5" bends are freaking nutso. I feel like it's just one big crushdown attempt with a straight piece of steel. I am now looking forward to the 7" stock again even though it's going to be a long, long road for me to get back into really good strength on it since I struggle now with the shoulders when I'm bending anything at that length. It'll come with focus though.

I am totally done with 7 inch stock...I literally have zero flexibility to hold onto the bar. I can't even kink a 7 inch Edgin.

I bet I could put a hurtin on a 6 inch edgin though :D

You guys watch this is gonna be a sub 2 minute bend for Ben come saturday! :D

I am totally done with 7 inch stock...I literally have zero flexibility to hold onto the bar. I can't even kink a 7 inch Edgin.

Yeah it sucks to be limited to certain lengths due to flexibility issues but you've got the right idea. Just nail the stock that you have the "feel" for.

Sub 2 minutes would be great! It's feast or famine with my best bends. I'll battle for weeks to get one finished in any time limit and then when everything falls into place it'll go in 2 minutes.

Kill it Ben!!! :rock :rock :rock I know you got it in you man! In any case, I won't be killing any official DO fantastics any time soon. I am out of bastard stock. I assume John still has the crazy hard bastards? I'll probably shoot for some short hard hex or shinys instead!! :D Good luck buddy!!

I'll sure try Jeremiah! Thanks man. :cool Ha! I bet if you had some more stock you'd be polishing off the Fantastic tonight for a warmdown bend on your way to the Mag Hex. I don't know if John has the hard Bastards or not. Those are great though. Kill that short Shiny and Hex stock!

Good luck Ben.

Thanks a lot Kevin!

Go get it Ben!!!!! :rock:rock

I'm on it Mike!!! It's hard not to test myself before Saturday though. Just like it always has been. I've got to sit on my hands practically to keep from pushing myself more and more.

LOL! That's some funny stuff Casey! :D Nicely done man. I'm going to be embarrassed if I let you down when you defended my honor. If I finish it off in the time limit I think I'll slam it to the ground and stomp on it just to make sure it's really dead and not just playing possum. ;)

Good bending on Saturday, and best of luck!

Appreciate it Joonas! By that time I'll be about as psyched as I can be. So if I fail it's only due to lack of strength, nothing else.

You'll get it Ben! I have an exuberant amount of confidence in your abilities. :rock

pc

Thanks man! Good to see you around these parts again.

HAHA, Go get it Ben!! :rock No problem for you man!!!

Thanks Casey! I wish it wasn't going to be a problem but I'm counting on having a really ON day. :cool

I say don't let it cool, keep hitting that SOB til its finished! :yikes

I know, I know! Easier said than done for me though. I'm an out of shape bastard.

I hear ya on that Chad. If I wanna bend a KOAB, it's gonna have to be a huge or shorter, cause my flexibility sucks due to lots of upper body mass, and long forearms and short upper arms. Oh well, I like short stuff!! :D

You will kill it Ben I will come give you a pep talk tonight !!! :rock

Edited by big nasty

You will kill it Ben I will come give you a pep talk tonight !!! :rock

Thanks Jason! I'm thinking about doing it tonight when you come over. What better time than when another bender is here? I'll be prepared just in case... course I'm not trying to steal your thunder on your bending goal either.