Kta Question

Mark

Hi guys I'm new here but not new to grip strength, well at least not everything but grippers. I never really trained my crushing grip that much. I have a good pinch grip, a good suporting grip, and good wrist strength at least I feel so. In a litle background I have rolled multiple frying pans and bent blue nails dont really know what other things I should say or what else would be that good.

My question on the KTA is my crushing grip is very week I can just about close the number 2. I would like to increase my crushing grip hence buying the KTA program. My question being what grippers should I use? Should I use it as if I'm trying to go for the number 2 or go for the 2 1/2.

So my grippers being

1.5, 2, and 2.5

or do the the trainer, 1 and 2

If this is 2 much info about the program I am sorry and please delete it.

Thank you all though for making this great board.

Hi Mark!

actuallyyour crushing power its much stronger than u think!

Closing the #2 its not an easy thing to do.

KTA should work better for someone like me (1 mm from the #3).

I know some people brought KTA to jump #1 to #2 (worked fine).

Buy KTA when u cant close your goal gripper . with so little training u can still make progress.

Hi Mark!

actuallyyour crushing power its much stronger than u think!

Closing the #2 its not an easy thing to do.

KTA should work better for someone like me (1 mm from the #3).

I know some people brought KTA to jump #1 to #2 (worked fine).

Buy KTA when u cant close your goal gripper . with so little training u can still make progress.

I'm still on the fence about purchasing KTA because I've only been training grippers since February and want to establish a more solid gripper base. What I would suggest would be to get a T, a #1, and a #2. If you have the money, then a #1.5 is a good invesment as well. I think you'll find that the T will quickly become "too easy", but it is still useful for warming up.

Another thing that I did that seemed to help was high volume training. (*This is not my idea. It was someone else's on the board, but I'm not 100% sure who it was.) I was very close to closing the #2 at the time. I went back down to my T and did 500 closes a day with it. I could do sets of 35-40, so it did not take an immense amount of time. I did this for 5 days and then I took 2-3 days off. I then moved up to the #1. I was able to get in about 200 closes a day with it. I did this for 5 days and took 2 days off. I then moved up to my #1.5 and got around 100 closes a day.

The big benefit of this seemed to be that my knuckles and hands became better seasoned/conditioned for grippers. I went by feel doing this as well. I did not do 5 days straight of the #1 or #1.5 because i felt like it killedmy hands too much. If my hands felt weak and/or my knuckles really hurt, then I'd take the day off so I could come back the next day and get in extra reps.

As far as buying the KTA, I've heard nothing but great things and it would not hurt to buy it, but I'm making suggestions that have worked for me. Best of luck gripping.

EDIT: As you go up in the CoC grippers, the gap between each one will feel greater and greater. The difference between the #2 and the #2.5 is quite intimidating. More so than the gap between the #1 and #1.5 and the #1.5 and the #2. Basically, I would go with what I suggested earlier. The T will be good for warm-ups (once you get there) and the #2 will be good for choker work and negatives! If you want to grip heavy, then you have to get your hands ready to do so by gripping heavy!

Edited by poppy

Hi guys I'm new here but not new to grip strength, well at least not everything but grippers. I never really trained my crushing grip that much. I have a good pinch grip, a good suporting grip, and good wrist strength at least I feel so. In a litle background I have rolled multiple frying pans and bent blue nails dont really know what other things I should say or what else would be that good.

My question on the KTA is my crushing grip is very week I can just about close the number 2. I would like to increase my crushing grip hence buying the KTA program. My question being what grippers should I use? Should I use it as if I'm trying to go for the number 2 or go for the 2 1/2.

So my grippers being

1.5, 2, and 2.5

Hey Mark,

I am pretty much in the same spot at you. I started a topic called Kta in the training routine section. The guys convinced me to get Kta so I just ordered it. Again, check out the section a lot of gripper dudes replyed with a lot of informative info. Take care.

Bryce

So my grippers being

1.5, 2, and 2.5

Hey Mark,

I am pretty much in the same spot at you. I started a topic called Kta in the training routine section. The guys convinced me to get Kta so I just ordered it. Again, check out the section a lot of gripper dudes replyed with a lot of informative info. Take care.

Bryce

I looked at the thread your right it is very helpful. I ordered KTA yesterday and got my pasword for it this morning and read through it.

I will be ordering my grippers tonight I have my number 2 but will be ordering the other ones today.

I wil miss training my other stuff but I from what I understand all my strength will go up.

I ordered the KTA program tonight, but I cannot open the .exe file because I am on a Mac. Wanngrip mentioned in the stickied KTA program that there are free applications that can be used to read .exe files on a Mac. I'm having trouble with this. Does any one know of one of these programs or any other solutions? I PM'd WannaGrip, but I know it is Sunday night and I am anxious to start reading it.

I am pretty sure there's been a couple people who have used some program to use Windows applications.

I am pretty sure there's been a couple people who have used some program to use Windows applications.

I would not doubt it. I'm just having a terrible time trying to find it. My searches keep going to Virtual PC for Macs, but I can only find links to updates or where they are trying to sell it to me.

So my grippers being

1.5, 2, and 2.5

Hello Mark:

You're saying you can just about close the #2. This most likely means that you can Rep out on the #1 and close the #1.5 few times. If you only had to chose 3 Grippers to own, then I would say for you right now the #1, #1.5, and #2 would be great. The Trainer might be a waste for you if you can do many reps with it. I've found from my own experience that once you can rep out on a gripper more than 25-30 times, you really don't make much gain in strength. The strength is gained at the lower rep area - 3-15 or so. Why up to 15? Because if you can close a Gripper 15 times on the first set, you will close it maybe 12 times when you come for the second set. Trying to go for many more sets you will only be repping that gripper for like 5 times each set. I read above that someone was saying doing 200 reps throughout the day, everyday then take two days off. From my own experience, the volume thing worked but only when I did it in one Gripper session not spread out throughout the day. What happens is, you give your muscles time to recover and then you go to rep out again, you really don't get into what you want to do because your muscles never get hit completely to recuperate stronger. I personally like to do an hour session of maybe 15-20 Sets with a gripper I can handle for a few reps, then wait 72 hours before doing it again. When I was doing this I saw results, when I started following this 4-5 set routine and the everyday rep out routine, or the take a really hard gripper that you can't close and hold it for as long as you can - all those things didn't work for me. My approach was to take it step by step and just master each gripper at a time. When I started I couldn't close the #1, and only had the Trainer for like 12 Reps. Now the Trainer and #1 both feel lightweight as I can rep them for many times. I'm able to close the #2 with both hands on a NO SET (TNS & NS seem like the same thing for me, a NO SET is a NO SET) at any given time. I'm currently training on mastering the #1.5. I feel once this gripper becomes light, then I can move on to the next level. To each his own, but this is how I made progress so far. Other than Grippers, I don't do any grip work. I do Heavy Deadlifts and all pulling exercises without Straps though.

Experiment a little with the routines and see what works best for you.

Regards,

Danny

Edited by DannyGrip

I would not doubt it. I'm just having a terrible time trying to find it. My searches keep going to Virtual PC for Macs, but I can only find links to updates or where they are trying to sell it to me.

Wine is such a program.

I'm not sure if it runs on MAC though.

Bochs seems to be a Windows emulator which also runs on the MAC.

You could give it a try ;)

Hello Mark:

You're saying you can just about close the #2. This most likely means that you can Rep out on the #1 and close the #1.5 few times. If you only had to chose 3 Grippers to own, then I would say for you right now the #1, #1.5, and #2 would be great. The Trainer might be a waste for you if you can do many reps with it. I've found from my own experience that once you can rep out on a gripper more than 25-30 times, you really don't make much gain in strength. The strength is gained at the lower rep area - 3-15 or so. Why up to 15? Because if you can close a Gripper 15 times on the first set, you will close it maybe 12 times when you come for the second set. Trying to go for many more sets you will only be repping that gripper for like 5 times each set. I read above that someone was saying doing 200 reps throughout the day, everyday then take two days off. From my own experience, the volume thing worked but only when I did it in one Gripper session not spread out throughout the day. What happens is, you give your muscles time to recover and then you go to rep out again, you really don't get into what you want to do because your muscles never get hit completely to recuperate stronger. I personally like to do an hour session of maybe 15-20 Sets with a gripper I can handle for a few reps, then wait 72 hours before doing it again. When I was doing this I saw results, when I started following this 4-5 set routine and the everyday rep out routine, or the take a really hard gripper that you can't close and hold it for as long as you can - all those things didn't work for me. My approach was to take it step by step and just master each gripper at a time. When I started I couldn't close the #1, and only had the Trainer for like 12 Reps. Now the Trainer and #1 both feel lightweight as I can rep them for many times. I'm able to close the #2 with both hands on a NO SET (TNS & NS seem like the same thing for me, a NO SET is a NO SET) at any given time. I'm currently training on mastering the #1.5. I feel once this gripper becomes light, then I can move on to the next level. To each his own, but this is how I made progress so far. Other than Grippers, I don't do any grip work. I do Heavy Deadlifts and all pulling exercises without Straps though.

Regards,

Danny

Thats SENSIBLE advise. I agree. Its too bad, to see people tear up their hands trying to work with grippers they can't handle yet. At some point you have realize there are no shortcuts to hand strength. Man up and do the time. < <

My motto for new trainees is "If you can't close it, don't grip it."

Edited by aquilonian

Yes, much better to keep it simple to start with. Apart from the injury potential, if you 'blow your wad' with all the advanced techniques straight away, what are you going to do when your gains slow down?

I did KTA for 2 and a half weeks and I saw I just couldn't play guitar as well and was pretty weak throughout the day until the next workout.

Its brutal.

I'd recommend it only if grippers are top priority for you right now. I did see results after these mere two weeks so A full ten weeks with it (how long is it again?) can do wonders for your crushing strength. I became significantly more consistent with the #2.

I went back to an all around forearm strength routine 3 times a week on days I don't do full body work and I feel I become strongest all around with such a program. But I do use A lot of the principles taught in the E-book.

Even If your not going to go with the program all-out you should get it. it teaches all the fundamentals and great ways to make the same gripper harder and harder until you can close a bigger one.

- Jonathan

Edited by PanterA_jonathan

• 1 month later...
Hello Mark:

Regards,

Danny

Thats SENSIBLE advise. I agree. Its too bad, to see people tear up their hands trying to work with grippers they can't handle yet. At some point you have realize there are no shortcuts to hand strength. Man up and do the time. < <

My motto for new trainees is "If you can't close it, don't grip it."

I have to say I dont agree with this at all. A gripper above the strength you are currently closing is essential. Negatives and choker work both require a gripper harder that you will close. I think you must work you crush grip just like any other strength movement. . low sets and heavy. When you want to benchpress 400 lbs you dont rep with 100 lbs as many times a day until you can, you go heavy. Of course you have to warm up well before negs or choker or max attempts, or you probably will injur yourself. If I were you I would read alot of training logs from the more experienced gripper guy's. Also look up some of Teemu's Gripper Articles. Experiment and keep track of progress to see what works best for you. Good luck.

Results speak for themselves. If I would have used conventional methods and had a closed mind, I would have never been able to close a 3, pinch 45's, or do the 50lb blob.

The KTA brought me from a #1 to closeing the #2 following it to the T.

Just don't have a computer problem as i did or you'll loose the program and not be able to get it back without buying it again.

Fortunatly for me i documented my workouts and have an out line of the basic format.

That's the only draw back with an e-book.

It would be great to have it in booklet form.

Edited by Steve B.

I've read many times DON'T OVERTRAIN ! But KTA seems to me as a severe overtraining program.

I thought it might be as well. I bought it and followed it to the T for about 4 weeks and then stopped. I did nto stop because the program was not working. It was because I simply only had about 2-3 hours a day where I was awake and not at work and I spent a good bit of that time eating and/or PL training. My hands were definitely tired, but i know it was working because of how much stronger my hands felt and how quickly my coin holds with the #2 were progressing. It also helped me get a stronger set when working with my #3. It is stilla long ways from closing, but I can actually set it and move it! The 2.5 is now a hair away.

Anyways, I'm rambling now, but I'm excited to start the program over. Even though I'm not doing the program at the moment, I'm still using the principles and methods from it and my hands are still getting stronger.