Huge Shiny Attempt Pr

CaptainCrush

Wrapped up a Huge Shiny a little bit ago. I tried one about 3 weeks ago but only got a slight wobble out of it. This time I got it to 3.5 inches within a minute I'd say then hit a brick wall at the crushdown :dry

Gonna go get some cups of coffee and give it another go. I hate stainless btw! :angry:

Huge Shiny attempt pic

Edited by CaptainCrush

good attempt, i tried a huge shiny yesterday in imps got it to 2 1/4 in like 1:30 then just about blew a vessel trying to finish it off haha.

I feel your pain :laugh

Wrapped up a Huge Shiny a little bit ago. I tried one about 3 weeks ago but only got a slight wobble out of it. This time I got it to 3.5 inches within a minute I'd say then hit a brick wall at the crushdown :dry

Gonna go get some cups of coffee and give it another go. I hate stainless btw! :angry:

Huge Shiny attempt pic

Don't forget the ho-ho's!! :laugh

Sick bend! :rock

Great attempt! I hate stainless too, 90 degrees and down they seem like entire different bars. Me and Teddy are currently racing for the huge shiny. It will be fun to see wich one of us get it first

good attempt, i tried a huge shiny yesterday in imps got it to 2 1/4 in like 1:30 then just about blew a vessel trying to finish it off haha.

Oh crap I need to kick it up a notch if I'm gonna win this race.

That's awsome. They say that you only get stronger while resting and not during training. Well you apperently do :rock:rock:rock

thanks dave!!

And good luck in your race to the huge shiny!!! I'm telling you go have a few cups of coffee and some ho-ho's and miracles will happen!! :tongue:tongue

Great work!!

You'll get it soon ;)

Great job! The Huge Shiny is a superb bend. And it definitely puts the air breaks on at 90 and under, lol.

Nice job Chad!!! :rock That is a super tough bend for sure. One thing I have noticed about the stainless is that once it turns into a spring after 90, if you can push through the flex until it hits solid again, HOLD it there, and it tends to start moving after a few seconds of feeling like its stuck. This holds true for all steel/metal really, but I have really noticed it with the stainless. Hope this helped!!! Keep hittin' that thing, you'll kill it soon!! :cool

Thanks Fox! :D

Yeah I am trying to hold it as long as possible, pretty much why I'm almost blacking out after every hit haha!!!

I'm just gonna have to get stronger if I wanna bend this bastard in the 5 minute time limit...I need your crushdown power! :rock

Great attempt! I hate stainless too, 90 degrees and down they seem like entire different bars. Me and Teddy are currently racing for the huge shiny. It will be fun to see wich one of us get it first

I only got 1 bar left imma try it in like a week after working on my crush hardcore, be afraid Wigren, be very afraid :devil

I only got 1 bar left imma try it in like a week after working on my crush hardcore, be afraid Wigren, be very afraid :devil

I on the other hand have plenty of huge shinys. around 10 I think. So I don't have to worry about failing... I think that if you put your mind to it, you will realize that I am there for 10 times more likely to succed!

Be afraid Zapp Brannigan, be very afraid!! :laugh

Sorry to hijack the thread. You will murder that thing. Just take it to work and kill it during a coffee brake :D

HAHA!!! :D

I'll see what I can do man! I am gonna try to finish it tomorrow morning.

I'm sitting here at the computer and it's absolutely killing me that that damn piece of steel is laying here not killed... :angry:

I gotta go give it another few hits or I won't be able to sleep tonight...

I'm sitting here at the computer and it's absolutely killing me that that damn piece of steel is laying here not killed... :angry:

I gotta go give it another few hits or I won't be able to sleep tonight...

Smash that SOB! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::trout:flame:trout:flame

Very nice work man it is only a matter of time now. That bend is one I had set as a long term goal well more than a year ago. This makes me want to really go after the short stuff again.

Stainless is such a bad ass bend, and that 6" x 5/16" is just my favorite size. The only thing I would like more than that is a big g8, maybe an edgin.

it's down to a tad below 2.5 inches now.

It seems like I can't find a sweet spot on my hands for the crushdown with this bastard. The stainless is so damn slippery it keeps moving around in my pads which I think is kinda scaring me to push as hard as I can now for fear of another bruise on my jaw! :D

Help guys! :)

It seems like I can't find a sweet spot on my hands for the crushdown with this bastard. The stainless is so damn slippery it keeps moving around in my pads which I think is kinda scaring me to push as hard as I can now for fear of another bruise on my jaw! :D

Rub some chalk on the steel and not just the pads before you wrap it up again. It helps a little...

Not far away now :rock

Rub some chalk on the steel and not just the pads before you wrap it up again. It helps a little...

Not far away now :rock

Damn good idea man!!!

I seriously never thought of that, I was gonna try to scuff the stainless with sand paper which probably wouldn't of done much.

It's a little harder to get the chalk to stay on stainless compared to CRS but if you do it right, the end result shold look like theese bars http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7497

The mag to the left was re-wrapped several times and even though I couldn't wrap the pads on the way I wanted to because of the bar already being bent. The chalk helps at least to reduce the slipping and sliding. Also you can wrap the pads on another par and slide them onto the huge shiny bar. Usually the pads would slip alot if you did it that way. But the chalk embedded into its texture would help yet again to reduce slipping

Edited by David_wigren

thanks a lot man! It's much appreciated! :cool

Gonna try that on the huge shiny tonight and see if I can put it out of its misery!

Here is a Big Shiny I just did which seemed harder than the huge shiny to 90 for some reason...maybe the off-centerness of it? :mellow

Big Shiny pic

When I had bars feel like they were slipping all around on the crushdown (or any phase actually) I'd just push the bar further into the pads because it helps tighten it all up the further in you push the bar.