John Iii + Coc#2(ben's) = Closed

John4cars

Well I'm here posting from my Blackberry in the parking lot of California Pizza Kitchen and I just closed the Coc#2 for the second time. The first time was in the parking lot at my work at 12:58pm. I got the other one on video with a crappy 3.2 megapixle camera just a couple of minutes ago. After starting my warm ups with my Sport and #1, using BenCrushe's exercise plan, I closed the #2 with basically almost no set. I had just barely pinched the handles to get it in a good position in my hand then unexpectedly I closed It!!!! I kept looking at the handle to make sure I didn't have the #1 in my hand, and thankfully not. I tried again a little bit later a couple of times but couldn't get it all the way closed until I gave it a wider than parallel set. I am still excited to close it. Ben lent me his #2 about 2 or 3 weeks ago, thanks Ben and thanks for the plan as well. Now I will work on closing it TNS style until I can replicate it over and over again. Then I will purchase a #2.5!

CLOSING the 2 is an achievement for sure,I could only get it 1/4 from shutting when I first got it and didnt know if I ever would. I kept at it and when I closed it for the first time,I let out a primal yell!

chokers are the key,thanks cemery

Great job John! Glad you called me with that news man. A no set of that #2 is really good. Pretty cool that you didn't even think it was going to close! Love those days man. Onward to the #2.5 soon enough. Rest up!

Thanks everyone I am still pumped about it. My boss who has a grip of steel still can't close it! I will post the video tonight when I get home. I am hoping in the next couple of days I will get another video but not with a wider than parallel set, but a TNS close like my first close today.

Hell yeah, John!!! :rock

I bet your really looking forward to the next grip fest now.

Heck yeah I am!!!

here is a video

Is there another in the work's there Scott I had thought of having something myself but I don't have the room you have.

Is there another in the work's there Scott I had thought of having something myself but I don't have the room you have.

Nothing planned right now. If there was you would have definately been informed about it buddy.

I'm down for having another grip fest at my house anytime you guys can make it over.

Nothing planned right now. If there was you would have definately been informed about it buddy.

I'm down for having another grip fest at my house anytime you guys can make it over.

Why don't we work on something for around last part of september if it work's that get's everyone out of summer and vacation's and stuff. :D

Edited by big nasty

Very good work, John! I'm still about 1mm away from closing the #2, but I have not attempted it in a week or two. I've been doing the high volume thing for the last 2 weeks and just finished doing 200 closes a day with the #1. I was so excited about my rack pulls tonight that I just ordered my #2.5. I figure if the #2.5 kicks my tail enough (I'm going to choke it), then the #2 should feel easier! Keep it up!

That looked real easy John nice work !!!!! :D

Thanks! It felt awesome. So I went in and ordered an entire pizza and tore it up!

Very good work, John! I'm still about 1mm away from closing the #2, but I have not attempted it in a week or two. I've been doing the high volume thing for the last 2 weeks and just finished doing 200 closes a day with the #1. I was so excited about my rack pulls tonight that I just ordered my #2.5. I figure if the #2.5 kicks my tail enough (I'm going to choke it), then the #2 should feel easier! Keep it up!

Thanks! I was the same way until today. I kept trying and trying on the #2 but I could only get the handles about 99% closed and couldn't get any farther. Then after about 3 or so days of rest I started up my routine again today and felt really strong. Then out of nowhere I just squeezed and felt the handles touch each other.

You are doing 200 closes a day :blink Wow! I think my hand would fall off, lol.

Why don't we work on something for around last part of september if it work's that get's everyone out of summer and vacation's and stuff. :D

I am totally down for this idea.

Great job, I closed the number 2 for the first time about six weeks ago, and I am still pumped about it.

keep it up, and order a 2.5 as soon as you can

Awesome job, John! Im still chasing that dang #2. Its definitely a huge step on the gripping ladder. Keep the PR's coming!

Dan

Thanks again guys. I will probably order that 2.5 soon so I can start working on it hoseclamped.

Dan, I still can't believe I closed it?