Other Forearm Training During Kta.

dimeisgod

hey,

I just bought KTA really great stuff inside..

but have you guys stopped doing wrist curls, levers etc. while doing the program?

And in general how much sets and reps have you done?

will more gains come without other forearm work?

I'm taking a day off today and starting tomorrow. :)

thanks,

Jonathan.

I would just hit grippers and thumb stuff until you finish.

I would just hit grippers and thumb stuff until you finish.

ok , I'll do that.

hopefully the rest will do good for the other muscles too.

If you are doing other training, presses, squats, etc keep doing those, they will make your griper stronger.

started it yesterday so my hands are still fine.

I never worked my thumb at all so I guess starting to work it will lead to those "beginner gains" you have when you start training on something new.

Its a really good book I found out I was doing a whole lot of stuff wrong.. Maybe I'm closer to the #3 than I thought I was, If i was training that bad with lousy technique and still closing the 2.

- Jonathan.

I have done it twice and listen to these gentlemen stay away from everything else grip my hand's never hurt so much as when I did that. You break your hand's down to nothing it toke a couple month's after to see my gain's good luck and I am not trying scare you just letting know the deal. :D

started it yesterday so my hands are still fine.

I never worked my thumb at all so I guess starting to work it will lead to those "beginner gains" you have when you start training on something new.

Its a really good book I found out I was doing a whole lot of stuff wrong.. Maybe I'm closer to the #3 than I thought I was, If i was training that bad with lousy technique and still closing the 2.

- Jonathan.

Here is a great article, "I Want A Pony", by the Diesel Crew!

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/Iwantapony.pdf

I ran thru and did it twice and a somewhat modified harder version a third time. Trust me you dont want to do any extra forearm work while your doing it. Besides its so brutal you will prolly have some carryover to other stuff too. The thing I liked the best about KTA was that it taught me the mental aspect of hard grip training. It taught me what I could take and recover from, and that was a good bit further than I would have thought. That has helped in many other areas of my grip training since. If you can make it thru the program, stronger, tougher, and smarter then you can do just about anything you put your mind to and focus on with the same intensity. At least thats my opinion. and yes listen to Heath....

- Aaron

BTW

how long does the program take to complete?

10 weeks

That seems brutal!

thanks for the info