Finally

justiceislost1988

I finally got it. 7" x 1/4" 1018 square. The first one was kinked about 10 degrees from a previous attempt, and i finished it off in about 35 seconds. I felt really strong and I decided I could do it again, so i did :) it took about 30 seconds. Both bends in IM pads. I found a way to help me bend stuff. I've always kind of doubted myself before these two bends, and I didn't on these. I brought much more wrist into these bends, instead of pushing, and i pushed more downward. This is a bend, I have wanted for a long time. I'm very glad I finally got this, it was a great confidence booster, and I'm sure I could do it again tomorrow. I also tried a 6 3/8" piece after these, which went about 5-10 degrees. I'm blaming it on the pain in my index fingers from those sharp edges.

Another thing I'm very happy about, I CCS the #2 finally. Twice actually ;). I am on a great grip and bend high right now :D. I've been asked for some videos of my bending which might be coming up soon. I think in a couple of days, I might kill the 6.5" piece I know I can do it. The isos have paid off! :rock

great work! congrats on the PR's :rock

I remember when I first bent the 1/4 square I was SUPER happy. So congrats :rock

Thanks, a lot guys. The 6.5" will fall in a few days. :rock It really helps to bend with confidence.

Congrats Man!!!!!!!!

Great bending Casey! Which bending program have you been following lately?

Ben, I haven't really been following much honestly :blush. I want to take up your program, but I don't really know what stocks to use at my level. I've just been doing a lot of kink isos on 3/8" CRS. I've also been trying some different kinds of stock. 5/16" brass, 1/4" drillrod, 5/16" HRS, and now the 1018 square. I'll PM you and ask you about stocks at my level later today Ben. Thanks Ben and Zach. :)

Nice bend. Congrats.

Congrats on the 1/4" x 7" square. You are very close to the Bastard at this moment. Train smart, but don't take the foot off the gas pedal when you're this close. Best of luck to you.

Congrats on the 1/4" x 7" square. You are very close to the Bastard at this moment. Train smart, but don't take the foot off the gas pedal when you're this close. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Brad and Jeremiah I didn't know I was that close :blush.

Super bend! The 1/4 square is a great bend to be proud of.

Tim

Super bend! The 1/4 square is a great bend to be proud of.

Tim

Thanks Tim! These bends make me think I am better at longer lengths. I hope so :D.

Casey

Congrats on the square thats a nice PR now get yourself some drillrod between that an the reds then when a red comes knockin you will kill it.

Casey

Congrats on the square thats a nice PR now get yourself some drillrod between that an the reds then when a red comes knockin you will kill it.

Gazza, thanks a lot that is a HUGE compliment coming from you! What kind of drillrod should I get? I've done some O-1 1/4" stuff at 5.5" and it wasn't too bad. :)

Nice milestone bend Casey!!! I can still remember my first square :)