Video - Double 45lb Hub Lift

lukeamdman

nice lift looked easy for you :D

nice and strict! good job - thats the way a double 45 hub lift should look :D

Wait a sec. I have those hampton plates in my store. They have the absolute worse finish for any kind of grip impliment usage. The slickest Ive ever felt. I have a hard time pinching 3 10's on those plates and I can pull the blob50 to lockout. If those plates have the same finish as these then that is an amazing hub lift. Im going to go try one.

Edited by Chris Mathison

Wait a sec. I have those hampton plates in my store. They have the absolute worse finish for any kind of grip impliment usage. The slickest Ive ever felt. I have a hard time pinching 3 10's on those plates and I can pull the blob50 to lockout. If those plates have the same finish as these then that is an amazing hub lift. Im going to go try one.

They're the only plates I've tried to hub or pinch, so I'm not sure if they're slick or not. My only complaint is that is edge is a little sharp for pinching. My thumbs bleed after ever single pinch workout.

They're the only plates I've tried to hub or pinch, so I'm not sure if they're slick or not. My only complaint is that is edge is a little sharp for pinching. My thumbs bleed after ever single pinch workout.

Did you buy them at 2nd wind in the cities?

I have tried Luke's plates and the finish wasn't alarming or anything. The hub didn't really hold any chalk, but I felt like I could get a decent hold. The plates were worlds better than the nasty slickness of a new IM HUB, for example.

I personally set a PR on these plates--40lbs (a 35 and two 2.5s). I hope to get the 45 on Thursday!

Great lift, Luke. Very controlled! You made it look easy!

PS--These are the best hubbing plates I have ever tried because my plates have those wide, flat hubs. So my frame of reference might be skewed a little when I say I felt like I could get a decent hold. Maybe there are plates that are MUCH better and that would rule. But I have not tried a lot of plates.

Edited by Cannon

Maybe they arent the ones I have though. Although identical in appearence. we have the wide flange version and the finish is like jello but solid and not as tasty.

The original owner bought them from a 2nd wind here in the cities. I got them from the owner through craigslist.

They're about 2.5 years old. Maybe they have changed the finish since then?

The original owner bought them from a 2nd wind here in the cities. I got them from the owner through craigslist.

They're about 2.5 years old. Maybe they have changed the finish since then?

sounds like it.. regardless... a double 45hub is awesome.. good work.