Exact Age Of Youngest Coc

1stCoC

Guys, I have a fine young man here"Drippy" shutting the 2.5 and sincerely has the desire and I think the power to shut the #3 at 18. He is 17 now and will be 18 on the 18th of August.(10/18/08) Does anyone know exactly how old the youngest man was when he became a registered CoC? I suspect it was Jesse Marunde God rest him. It is a joy to me seeing all the young guys here going after grip so hard. Thanks, RS

Sanderson did it under the old rules. I always heard that Jesse Marunde was the youngest to cert under the new rules at age 18. To be honest, I'm looking to cert before I turn 18. I've got 9 months to go ;)

Edited by Magnus

Sanderson did it under the old rules. I always heard that Jesse Marunde was the youngest to cert under the new rules at age 18. To be honest, I'm looking to cert before I turn 18. I've got 9 months to go ;)

wes certed under new rules and he was 17, viking rule can close a 3 now and he is 15 could cert if he wanted to soon not sure if he wants too though.

Marunde did his cert way before the new rules I think.

Taylor Wilson did a CC cert at maybe 19-21.

I just checked Jesse Marunde's age- He was a month away from 28 when he died, no way he certed at 18 under the new rules.

wes certed under new rules and he was 17, viking rule can close a 3 now and he is 15 could cert if he wanted to soon not sure if he wants too though.

Derek can close a #3, but from a MMS. I don't know if he can CCS it yet. Maybe he can chime in here?

Derek can close a #3, but from a MMS. I don't know if he can CCS it yet. Maybe he can chime in here?

ya I meant that if he put some more effort into it I bet he could get it in a few months, he doesn't really seem to do grippers much as he does bending.

Tex was the first to cert on the #3 under the newest rules.

Jesse cert'd WAAY back in 1998.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/i...nsofcrush3.html

i was told nobody under 18 has certed with the new rules

This might be true because I believe Wes was 18. Not under 18.

I thought he was 17 since that was the age he was when he did the article for mashmonster. Anyways he could stop by and let us know anyways.

I am guessing that the CC set- Not with a new #3- started maybe late 2003-2004?

I am guessing that the CC set- Not with a new #3- started maybe late 2003-2004?

It was March 2004. I know, because my first contest was March 14, and the new rules came down one or two days before then. I didn't know what a "set" was, but all the Gripboard guys were cluck clucking about it.

Lots of guessing. Here's a thought for Richard et al. Ask Randall. Email him and await a reply.

No one else noticed Agust 18th is 8/18, not 10/18?

Lots of guessing. Here's a thought for Richard et al. Ask Randall. Email him and await a reply.

Well I emailed Randall and he replied and even went on to post an article on IronMind.com, you guys can check it out. The CCS Rule was adapted in March 2004. I'm assuming Magnus & Tommy certified with the new rules in effect and the other #4 CoC's didn't. :rock

Well I emailed Randall and he replied and even went on to post an article on IronMind.com, you guys can check it out. The CCS Rule was adapted in March 2004. I'm assuming Magnus & Tommy certified with the new rules in effect and the other #4 CoC's didn't. :rock

All #4 closers did it under the old rule.

I think Chad Woodall was the first who did it with CC (own gripper) Rule, for sure he was one of the first. The rule change with the new #3 out of the box came in 2006 I think. Was Tex the first?

Please note especially that you do not have to start a legal crush at the width of credit card – you can start wider, completely unset, for example, if that’s what you prefer. All you have to do is demonstrate that a credit card fits between the bottoms of the handles before you begin your official squeeze
That God that's been cleared up, inserting a credit card half way through the crush was killing me!

[chuckling]"Let's call him 'Bill'"[/chuckling]

Please note especially that you do not have to start a legal crush at the width of credit card – you can start wider, completely unset, for example, if that’s what you prefer. All you have to do is demonstrate that a credit card fits between the bottoms of the handles before you begin your official squeeze
That God that's been cleared up, inserting a credit card half way through the crush was killing me!

[chuckling]"Let's call him 'Bill'"[/chuckling]

I'd alway's assumed it was because I didn't practice it but putting the card in after setting always seemed a massive kerfuffle especially when there was no actual need to do it.

err wasn't the question who was the youngest CoC not when was the CCS rule first used?

Me, Still the question IS who and at exactly what age did the youngest coc qualify, And to add.... the youngest to qualify with the ccs rule in effect (any?). Thanks RS