Huge Shiny Attempt With Im Pads

David_wigren

Made a semi-good effort on the huge shiny today. Didn't quite get it in time. Took me about 20 minutes and I had to re wrap it a few times before it was dead. Got the first 3 minutes or so on vid.

I also made a few warmup bends that I put in the same vid

I don't show the wrapping on the dark bastard or the huge bastard. Nor do I show the length since this isn't any kind of cert video. Same goes with the huge shiny. This is just an attempt. But I promise that soon I'll be able to do a good bend!

Thank you

David that was nuts!! :blink Dark and Huge bastards looked like a joke for you! That Huge Shiny was an awesome attempt, especially in those pads. Congrats buddy! You'll nail that Huge Shiny sooner than you think.

BTW-- David, have you noticed a significant variance in the Shiny stock from bars in the same bundle? I have had a couple easier feeling ones, and a couple monsters. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. :cool

David that was nuts!! :blink Dark and Huge bastards looked like a joke for you! That Huge Shiny was an awesome attempt, especially in those pads. Congrats buddy! You'll nail that Huge Shiny sooner than you think.

BTW-- David, have you noticed a significant variance in the Shiny stock from bars in the same bundle? I have had a couple easier feeling ones, and a couple monsters. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. :cool

Thanks! Yeah the first 2 was "speed bends" although that huge got a bit off center on me and fought back a little.

I don't know if I've felt any great variance with the shinys when talking about the same batch/bundle. Sometimes they're a bit easier and sometimes a little harder. But the variance has been so small that I've regarded it as technical problems or form problems. This huge shiny for example felt a little harder on the kink than the others that I've tried, but easier on the sweep and about the same on the crush down.

But I have reacently tried some older shinys from late last year and they where a little harder. Not by much but defenatly harder. I bent one of the current shinys and got it at around 40 seconds. After that one I tried an old shiny and got it just over 3 minutes. And I could feel that it was harder. I guess if some of the older ones are in your current batch they could be the harder ones that you've experienced. If you look at them you can also tell them apart as the current ones are a little brighter in color

GREAT ATTEMPT DAVID!!!!

Do you train w/Gazza?! :blink:blink Those were awesome bends! and cool soundtrack - who was that?

That was nuts dude. Once again crazy strong kink on those damn pads. Much respect for that, and you murdered those bastards, I haven't tried the new hard ones yet but you make them look like toys.

Great fight on the huge, it will be yours very soon I can see that. I might say one thing though, try and rest for a little bit more between hits on the crush, it is hard to regain much power when you hit it again so quickly, try just putting 10-20 more seconds rest before the next big hit and I find you can put allot more into it.

Not that I can crush a huge shiny, it is just an idea to try.

Awesome :rock

Thank you

Do you train w/Gazza?! :blink:blink Those were awesome bends! and cool soundtrack - who was that?

hehe not quite. But it would be an awsome experience to train with Gazza. Soundtrack is "Soundgarden" with "4th of july"

That was nuts dude. Once again crazy strong kink on those damn pads. Much respect for that, and you murdered those bastards, I haven't tried the new hard ones yet but you make them look like toys.

Great fight on the huge, it will be yours very soon I can see that. I might say one thing though, try and rest for a little bit more between hits on the crush, it is hard to regain much power when you hit it again so quickly, try just putting 10-20 more seconds rest before the next big hit and I find you can put allot more into it.

Not that I can crush a huge shiny, it is just an idea to try.

Thanks. Theese new bastards are harder for sure. But not crazy hard like the dark bastard from about 7-8 months back. They where rediculus. A little harder than s shiny on the initional kink, but easier over all to bend than a shiny. I still got a few of them at 6".

Yeah I rushed it a bit and wore myself out. But I feel that I have to in order to get past 90 and on to the crushdown on this piece. I need to blast through it and get the steel as hot as possible, otherwise it gets stuck. But yes I should have rested more when I got to the point where I could hold it like a gripper. Although I started with that techniqe a little to early. Witch was why I still rushed it. I wanted to get it to that point where I could hold it more comfertable

I should have hybrid(one hand open the other closed) bent it a little further, because I really moved it alot with that techniqe this time. I think I could have taken it a little further that way. Where I could then take my time on the final crushdown.

A lot of excuses :blush I guess I should just get stronger in order to get this bend

Thank you

Wow!!!!! That is inspirational effort. Great bending man. :rock

Nice bends David and an awesome attempt at that Huge Shiny!!!! You should try it next time as your second or first hard bend :)

wow david i dont see how you can do those bends in those pads, what your secret haha. Way to go!

My middle name is Paul, that might actually help a bit I think.

I think I'm gonna put the huge shiny on the shelf until I get the mag. I feel that even at 6" it is a bit to short for my taste. And If I get use to 5" than the huge shiny won't be that much of a problem comfort and form wise

wow david i dont see how you can do those bends in those pads, what your secret haha. Way to go!

My middle name is Paul, that might actually help a bit I think.

I think I'm gonna put the huge shiny on the shelf until I get the mag. I feel that even at 6" it is a bit to short for my taste. And If I get use to 5" than the huge shiny won't be that much of a problem comfort and form wise

Great name! :laugh

Real good idea! - I do that with some of my stuff - I will start working on something harder than my actual goal that way when I come back to my goal bend, it will feel easier as I have conditioned myself for tougher - it works!