Create A Thickrope That Can Be Trained Progressively

naturalstrength

I recently thought of this concept to progressively train your thickrope exercises. This will prevent the need to buy several, expensive lengths of rope. Now you have all the diameters you will need in one convenient solution. Please watch entire video to fully appreciate the tip. Use this tool to train pull-ups/weighted pull-ups, timed holds,etc. There is a bit of an echo on the sound as I was filming this in my garage. Good luck :)

Mops, paint-rollers, hammers...do you ever look at anything and NOT see a grip tool? :laugh

Cool idea, I like it. :rock Now that I think about it, that would also work pretty good for tricep pull-downs.

Edited by Magnus

cool idea. now i wish i could do more than a few pullups. Is that a parabody VKR?

Edited by Chris Mathison

cool idea. now i wish i could do more than a few pullups. Is that a parabody VKR?

Its similar to the parabody VKR, but a different manufacturer. I picked it up at a sporting goods store for about 100 bucks at the time. It's held up well so far.

Mops, paint-rollers, hammers...do you ever look at anything and NOT see a grip tool? :laugh

Cool idea, I like it. :rock Now that I think about it, that would also work pretty good for tricep pull-downs.

I guess I always keep my "grip thinking cap" on :D

I picked it up at a sporting goods store for about 100 bucks at the time.

What?!?!?!?!?! you spent money on a chin-up bench!?!?!?!?!?!? HaHaHaHaHaHa :laugh

Thought you would tie some stuff together from under the kitchen sink and make the worlds best chinning bar! are you slacking?! this isn't characteristic of you :blink:cry HaHHaHaHaHa

Another awesome idea - a true grip enthusiest! :bow

Btw, nice horse-tail at 2:22 :D

HaHaHaHaha :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh Thats the funniest sh!te I've ever seen!

Edited by Paul Knight

Great idea! Thanks

I am glad you guys found it useful. I just finished performing a few sets and my forearms are fried-can't even type this message :D

That is a pretty neat idea man. That horse tail thing, I couldn't think of what it possibly meant until I went back and looked at the video again. Dude I was seriously laughing my ass off for a minute here.

That is a pretty neat idea man. That horse tail thing, I couldn't think of what it possibly meant until I went back and looked at the video again. Dude I was seriously laughing my ass off for a minute here.

The horse/donkey tail thing was pretty awkward when I went back and reviewed the video. I felt like a total ass!

(No pun intended) ;)