Got A 3.5 Yesterday

lukeamdman

The knurling on this thing is the best I've seen on a IM gripper so far, and it has an awesome 3" spread. The knurling still isn't as good at the BB, but it's getting close.

However, I was disappointed to see that one of the handles is seated closer to the spring than the other by at least 1/16" and maybe a tiny bit more....

Until now, I thought that only the HG's had this flaw...I guess not. I'll probably send it back for an exchange.

1/16" doesn't seem too bad to me. If you're comparing it to HGs it'd be more like "off by 1/4" or something like that.

I have a 3.5 that does the same thing! ........................Calibrate it first, I might want to buy it from you - I'll throw you an extra bone if its right!

I have a 3.5 that does the same thing! ........................Calibrate it first, I might want to buy it from you - I'll throw you an extra bone if its right!

Doh! I already sent it back. My 300 does this and it annoyed the crap out of me because the set was slightly off. My pinky would always slide off.

I don't think this was an easier 3.5 either. It was significantly harder than my 3.3 rated #3.

My HG's do that, some worse than others. But, if you put the longer leg in your fingers, it gives you a little more leverage...you gotta look at the bright side :inno

My HG's do that, some worse than others. But, if you put the longer leg in your fingers, it gives you a little more leverage...you gotta look at the bright side :inno

I guess my expectations are different for BB and IM grippers. With HG's I don't mind since they are so cheap and made in china. Even then I only have one that does this, the 300, and it's not even 1/8".

I've seen dozens of BB and IM, and hadn't seen any off by even 1/32".

The other thing is that the handle closer to the spring wasn't the dogleg.

I don't mind waiting for the exchange. Randall, president of IM, wanted me to send it him directly...must be a rare flaw.

I've seen this too on some CoC's and I have one BB with this flaw too. Also I know of one gripper Tetting made with wrong spring (this one is not mine). The handles felt loose and clanky as the spring diameter was not thick enough for the holes in the handles. BB's are still my favourites. :)