Almost Punctured My Neck Too!

Paul Knight

I was trying to hit a B-day PR...................The whole thing w/making a wish before blowing out your candles - bunch 'O' crap! HaHa :laugh

P.S. you can skip about 4 min. of it - wrapping - the bend was no good anyways :rolleyes

Edited by Paul Knight

That is nuts dude, you had it moving good for sure. That is a crazy bend man, I will call it and say congrats now because if it didn't break you would have killed it.

holy crap paul no doubt at all that you would have bent that thing. maybe get an 8 inch and cut off the threads so you arnt gunshy about going 100% when u try it again. I am really impressed by this one

on a side note what are the outside pads u use more leather? i thought they were ironminds till this video showed a close up

Edited by TKtheGreek

Good it didn't do you any harm :rock I agree with TK go and get 8" G8 and cut the thread off then bend it :rock

That bolt made a loud snap!!!!! Looked like you had it moving good though. That broken bolt will be a good conversation peice!!! :rock

maybe get an 8 inch and cut off the threads so you arnt gunshy about going 100% when u try it again

Can you get them in 8" lengths?

Guys I did try again - this time w/more of the bolt in the leather and the head in my right, cause I'm pretty sure I torque more w/my right. Teddy I think your right! I did feel "gunshy" bigtime on my second attempt thinking it would break again. I still managed to move past 90 pretty quickly when the "G8 put on the Brake!" HaHaHa :laugh I think thats what they are notorious for. Not saying I would have finished it, but if I had the momentum and feel that I had on my first try, I'm confident I would have made it closer :D

Teddy - sometimes I use an Ironmind/leather wrap combo, but this time it was double leather :rolleyes (either way - double wraps)

Danger Will Robinson Danger !!!!!

:laugh:laugh:laugh

I have no more G8's to try with :cry time to order some more! ;)

Edited by Paul Knight

To 90 degree on second try??? :blink Dude you are awesome :rock Breaking records already :rock I bet this month or next you will bend a big G8 and hurt the KOASB :mosher

Whew!! That was close! Glad you didn't get hurt man. I am always leery of the threads on those graded bolts. I cut the threads off alot also. Rest up and kill that sucker!! (if I don't beat you to it!! :D )

You need to just hurry up and try "The Humbler" I sent you. With how you got that to 90 on your second try I'm positive you could get that to AT LEAST 90. Great job Paul, it's a good thing you didn't get hurt dude.

I'm glad for you that you didn't get hurt. I've heard that it can happen. And I think I remember Gazza bending one where he wraps up the entire bolt just to avoid neck punctures.

Techincally it was a birthday PR. Unless you always break G8 bolts on your birthday.

Techincally it was a birthday PR. Unless you always break G8 bolts on your birthday.

:D that's something i do on everyone of my birthdays :laugh i'm sure you will get it within the next 20 minutes or something paul heck you might even decide to bend it reverse tomorrow who knows?! you should just go ahead and do big G8 in every way and then work on a 5" big G8 reverse and move onto the 3/8" G8 within a week by my calculations of your previous progress :)

Too bad it broke, but great attempt!!! :rock

(and glad you're ok ;))

Scary stuff there Paul good thing it didnt get your neck to bad........

Thank God You Didn't Take That Bolt In The Throat. :blink

That is the biggest bolt I have seen let go of the threads on video! :rock

I remember back when I was in my bending groove I was going after the 4 inch Grade 5 and Grade 8.

I had to try several before I could do it without snapping the threads off. I found that I had to slow down and concentrate more on pressing down the bolt head side or at least try to excert force more equally, I tended to shove one side into the other so to speak and popping threads was usually the result.

This pic was still in my gallery --- aren't they cute --- really to small to feel good about killing them -- like seal pups.... :cry

gallery_5975_236_822278.jpg

Awesome attempt Paul :rock:rock It sure looks like you would have had it Man!!!! I know how you feel about being gun shy :blush Good Luck!!!!

I can't bend this stuff ,but I have noticed that the threds bend on the 5/16 G5s and G8s. I think I would cut some of the threads off. I am sure you will get one soon. You kill everything you touch!

You need to just hurry up and try "The Humbler" I sent you. With how you got that to 90 on your second try I'm positive you could get that to AT LEAST 90. Great job Paul, it's a good thing you didn't get hurt dude.

I'm gonna save the "Humbler" for when you get here :D

:D You could look at it that way! Thanx Chris!

Thank God You Didn't Take That Bolt In The Throat.

That is the biggest bolt I have seen let go of the threads on video!

I remember back when I was in my bending groove I was going after the 4 inch Grade 5 and Grade 8.

I had to try several before I could do it without snapping the threads off. I found that I had to slow down and concentrate more on pressing down the bolt head side or at least try to excert force more equally, I tended to shove one side into the other so to speak and popping threads was usually the result.

This pic was still in my gallery --- aren't they cute --- really to small to feel good about killing them -- like seal pups....

gallery_5975_236_822278.jpg

Thanks! Cool pics!

Here is that pic:

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/121360295...890_1701243.jpg

Haha ok Paul, you better train your ASS off!!! I really want to see you destroy that thing!!! Maybe I should bring a 6.5" version just in case you get that one :D Hahahahaha

Paul

Nice start but the crush is alot harder but with your strength you should get it if you can keep it moving.

When i was bending them i would do either of 2 things either move the hands in from the ends more but this takes more wrist and fingers or pad out the middle of the bolt before applying the end wraps.

Another couple of optionbs is 2 get an 8incher and remove an inch of threads or just get some leather and use one wrap instead of 2.

Wait till you try the big F911s those are really fun to play with.

hah. i bet it was the bolts survival trick.. get shorter and harder