Reverse, Du And Freestyle List

David Horne

Reverse, DU and Freestyle list

I was wondering what everyone thought about the mixing of FBBC stainless and FBBC bastards/IronMind reds on the list.

When I started the list I had them as cold rolled steel bars and bolts only (see the levels). But after a few chats with folks I allowed stainless on as a same bend as its crs length. But if there is a glaring difference, and I have no way of knowing what ranks with what, maybe I should just drop the stainless bends from the list?

I try to do the best - please tell me guys, as it's your list, and this is for the Reverse, DU and Freestyle lists.

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/bending.html

David

Reverse, DU and Freestyle list

I was wondering what everyone thought about the mixing of FBBC stainless and FBBC bastards/IronMind reds on the list.

When I started the list I had them as cold rolled steel bars and bolts only (see the levels). But after a few chats with folks I allowed stainless on as a same bend as its crs length. But if there is a glaring difference, and I have no way of knowing what ranks with what, maybe I should just drop the stainless bends from the list?

I try to do the best - please tell me guys, as it's your list, and this is for the Reverse, DU and Freestyle lists.

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/bending.html

David

My opinion on stainless is that its harder than the CRS as most know and someone probably should get credit for a tougher bend when performed. A good way to find out what ranks with what is to check Eric's calibration results pinned in the bending forum or PM Eric - he should be able to tell you - off the top of his head :rolleyes - what order things should go in :laugh.

David - Its good to see your trying hard to keep the lists fair, this type of analysis only makes your lists more credible. Thank you for your interest in our input and good luck on your lists as those are alot of work and we all appreciate them :D

gives us something to go for! :devil

Edited by Paul Knight

I agree with you that SS is harder except I'm not sure there is much if any difference between it and CRS for reverse. I haven't done all that much stainless reverse but what I have done seems like the cold roll up to the 40 or a little better degrees needed for reverse - it's on the crush down that the SS ramps up much harder than the cold roll - or at least that has been my experience. But if Eric's testing shows different, by all means reflect that on the lists.

Chris,

I have heard this as well, when I started the list. But I also just read the at Jeremiah thought he felt the stainless straight away.

I think the easiest way is to go back to what I started with, as there aren't many stainless bends on there. The guys who want to can quickly blow away a crs bastard bar and get back on the list. So I'll keep the levels as they are (see below) with no stainless bends. It just gets too confusing.

BARS/BOLTS LEVEL OF DIFFICULTIES FOR REVERSE BENDING

LEVEL 19 (FBBC KOAB bar 7" x 3/8")

LEVEL 18 (FBBC Insane Bastard bar)

LEVEL 17 (IM Red Bar 5" or FBBC Magnificent Bastard bar 5" x 5/16")

LEVEL 16 (IM Red Bar 5.5" or FBBC Grand Bastard bar 5.5" x 5/16")

LEVEL 15 (IM Red Bar 6" or FBBC Huge Bastard bar 6" x 5/16")

LEVEL 14 (IM Red Bar 6.5" or FBBC Big Bastard bar 6.5" x 5/16")

LEVEL 13 (IM Red Bar or FBBC square bar 6" x 1/4" or FBBC Bastard bar 7" x 5/16")

LEVEL 12 (FBBC square bar 6.5" x 1/4")

LEVEL 11 (FBBC square bar 7" x 1/4")

LEVEL 10 (Challenge Bar CRS 291-300k or Grade 8 x 5.5” bolt)

LEVEL 9 (Challenge Bar CRS 281-290k or Grade 8 x 6” bolt)

LEVEL 8 (Challenge Bar CRS 271-280k or Grade 5 x 5” bolt)

LEVEL 7 (Challenge Bar CRS 261-270k or Grade 5 x 5.5” bolt)

LEVEL 6 (Challenge Bar CRS 251-260k or Grade 5 x 6” bolt)

LEVEL 5 (Challenge Bar CRS 241-250k)

LEVEL 4 (Challenge Bar CRS 231-240k)

LEVEL 3 (Challenge Bar CRS 221-230k)

LEVEL 2 (Challenge Bar CRS 211-220k)

LEVEL 1 (Challenge Bar CRS 200-210k)

So I've just moved 2 reverse bends, and 3 DU bends. Sorry to these guys, but you can always get back on with a normal FBBC Bastard or IronMind Red bend.

It'll make it easier for everyone, especially me! :blink

David