Hit Some Du Pr's Tonight...........

foxyj75

Hey guys,

Decided to do some DU bending tonight, and got a couple bends I have wanted for a while now. Got the Shiny first, and finished up my session with a DU Mag Bastard equiv. :cool:rock :rock

I did a DU/DO bend with that 5/16'' bastard equiv. stock to get a feel for it's difficultly, and I have to say, I think it will fall between the average bastard stock and the new brutal stuff. On that same note, have any of you guys noticed variation in the difficulty of the shiny stock? I tried a Grand shiny DO, and it was harder than the Mag I tried last week!! I have also gotten a couple that were a good bit easier too. Just a thought. Anyway, the vids are uploading to youtube right now, so as soon as they finish, I will post em. Later!! :cool

Here's those vids! Enjoy!! :cool

DU Shiny Bend

DU Mag equiv. bend

God Bless,

Fox <><

Nice work, Foxman!

Jeremiah,

I've put your 7" shiny on the list - well done. Obviously the 5" bar wasn't FBBC stock so I didn't put this on as I don't know how it compares.

David

Well done :rock

Sweet! the stainless is tough isn't it! :D

im really suprised the 7 inch stainless was so much harder than a 5 inch crs. Good stuff though good job

Teddy, I think it's more the length than anything. I just don't like 7'' bars, and can get alot more power in my sweet spot of 6'' or under. Of course, that shiny might have been one of the tough ones I had, who knows! :blink

Thanks for the kind words buddy! :cool

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement guys! Very much appreciated! :cool

Man, I always though that the Shinys didn't get springy until 90, but I could feel this one springing back almost a 1/2'' when I would hit it! :blink Very weird feeling in the DU position!

Great DU strength Jeremiah! Wish I hadn't messed up my DU ability because I'd like to be banging them out too. Good stuff.

Wow! Man that's some awesome strength.

Tim

im really suprised the 7 inch stainless was so much harder than a 5 inch crs. Good stuff though good job

Teddy, I think it's more the length than anything. I just don't like 7'' bars, and can get alot more power in my sweet spot of 6'' or under. Of course, that shiny might have been one of the tough ones I had, who knows! :blink

Thanks for the kind words buddy! :cool

r

Also, the shiny cal's about 100lbs. heavier than an equiv. piece of bastard stock pretty consistently every 1/2'' down to 6'', and then after that probably more due to the bend radius becoming sharper earlier in the bend. Just a thought! :cool:D

Awesome bends Jeremiah :rock:rock

Thanks guys! :cool

I wanted to try the insane that night, but I only have one bastard left! I wanted to save it for another Fantastic attempt. I do see a lot more DU in the future for me though. Look for shorter stainless and possibly edgins in the near future...... :shifty

In fact, I see DU as a pathway for me to kill the KOAB. This being because I can't get a 7'' bar up that high for DO, and I can only put a good wobble in a Huge KOAB.........ooops, did I just say that?................... ;)

Edited by Foxman

Thanks guys! :cool

I wanted to try the insane that night, but I only have one bastard left! I wanted to save it for another Fantastic attempt. I do see a lot more DU in the future for me though. Look for shorter stainless and possibly edgins in the near future...... :shifty

In fact, I see DU as a pathway for me to kill the KOAB. This being because I can't get a 7'' bar up that high for DO, and I can only put a good wobble in a Huge KOAB.........ooops, did I just say that?................... ;)

you sure did just say that and i think now everybody wants to see :blink :blink :blink

Tell ya what, let me rest up for a couple days, and I'll try to get a vid of my attempt next time I bend. The wobble btw, was done DO. :cool

Tell ya what, let me rest up for a couple days, and I'll try to get a vid of my attempt next time I bend. The wobble btw, was done DO. :cool

everyone :calm

Fox that would be like 100x more bad ass to take down a moab starting it DU in my opinion.

Tim, a few months ago, I put a few degrees kink DU in a 5 3/4 x 3/8'' piece of Steelworks crs. But back then, I could only wobble a 5'' edgin......now I can get one under 3''. I haven't really hit a KOAB full-on DU, but I'll try it when I vid my attempt just for fun! And yes, I agree, starting a KOAB DU is wicked cool! :rock:cool

As always. . . . Great bending Foxman!! :rock