Made An Rgc Today

Mlstrass

Mine is a little different as I used my low pulley machine, so I could just slip plates on/off once the strap was in place. Made things a LOT easier as I did 18 grippers in about 30 minutes and that including taping the handle on each one. Obviously there are leverages involved, so my numbers won't compare to the regular RGC, but I just wanted to know how my grippers compared to each other, so I can choose goal grippers accordingly.

I used my double stamped #3 as the reference of 3.00. Since I can't close it I have no idea if it's easy/medium/hard.

BBE = 3.32

MM1 replica = 3.12

Double stamped #3 = 3.00

New COC #3 = 2.96

BBGM = 2.96

240N = 2.8

260N = 2.75

Filed 2.5 = 2.75

PDA280 = 2.65

BBSM = 2.64

2.5 = 2.6

PDA262 = 2.5

Interesting thing to me is how much of a difference .5 can make. I can get the #2.5 for 2-3 solid reps every workout, but I'm still hit or miss on the BBSM. At least now I know the pecking order on my quest for the #3.

I added a few pics to my gallery if you want to see it, and I must say that it worked perfectly.

great list , its nice to know where you stand with the grippers, do you know what level those COC # 2 you brought to Scotts hous stand? Id really like to know how tough that single stamped # 2 was

-Steve

Steve,

I brought a double stamped #2 and it rates a 2.3. The one I filed rates a 2.38, but not sure if you got to try that one...

thanks Mike,

I know I got the double stamped, dont think I tried the filed number 2

I rememeber trying a filed gripper( I think it was a 2.5) still had a decent amount to go on that one thats for sure

BBE = 3.32

MM1 replica = 3.12

Double stamped #3 = 3.00

New COC #3 = 2.96

BBGM = 2.96

240N = 2.8

260N = 2.75

Filed 2.5 = 2.75

PDA280 = 2.65

BBSM = 2.64

2.5 = 2.6

PDA262 = 2.5

That list appears to show that best guess estimations are, at least with your grippers, as accurate as using a testing set up.

Oh and if you cannot close a 3... it's hard enough ;)

Only disappointment of the list is the BBGM as I was hoping it would be a tad easier and another step to the #3, but I should have enough increments to get the job done.

On my set up it took 130#'s to close the #3, not including the weight sled, so I'm guessing it's very close to 150# or the average #3. And YES the #3 is still a monster to me :(