Be Careful With Braced Techniques

timiacobucci

Hey guys, I just tweaked my transversus abdominis muscle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transversus_abdominis_muscle

I was getting some awesome results using the around the ass aaron style move while coiling some #5 rebar and aftewards I did some more isos on a cut down piece of that same rebar in that position. I was already fatigued and I shouldn't have been doing heavy isos on a new technique like that. I felt very powerful this way and was moving the bar, but something shifted under my ribcage and made a crunchy noise. It didn't hurt and still doesn't but it feels real funny and weak now.

It feels like a rotational muslce for the torso, I know cuz it's off duty right now and I can feel it clearly. I don't think it is usually worked that heavily and as you can see that position is highly twisty. I think I am gonna call it the twister, cuz you are twistin and it just twisted my transversus. Anyways it was the weak link and I should have built it up more before hitting it so damn hard that way. I still feel this is a great technique just progress slow with it if you choose to. I don't feel it is any more dangerous than pulling under the leg is for your back. Both are heavy rotational and asymetrical loading.

http://timiacobucci.com/other/twister.jpg

Hey guys, I just tweaked my transversus abdominis muscle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transversus_abdominis_muscle

I was getting some awesome results using the around the ass aaron style move while coiling some #5 rebar and aftewards I did some more isos on a cut down piece of that same rebar in that position. I was already fatigued and I shouldn't have been doing heavy isos on a new technique like that. I felt very powerful this way and was moving the bar, but something shifted under my ribcage and made a crunchy noise. It didn't hurt and still doesn't but it feels real funny and weak now.

It feels like a rotational muslce for the torso, I know cuz it's off duty right now and I can feel it clearly. I don't think it is usually worked that heavily and as you can see that position is highly twisty. I think I am gonna call it the twister, cuz you are twistin and it just twisted my transversus. Anyways it was the weak link and I should have built it up more before hitting it so damn hard that way. I still feel this is a great technique just progress slow with it if you choose to. I don't feel it is any more dangerous than pulling under the leg is for your back. Both are heavy rotational and asymetrical loading.

http://timiacobucci.com/other/twister.jpg

Make another vid explaining the twister (awesome name - we should have names for all the phase techniques) like you did w/the horse shoes please - I enjoyed the last one. I know your abs are tweeked so better not actually do a bend, just go through the motions - that would be awesome. Tim - your real good at explaining crap, so you have officially gained another new title (besides shoeologist) you also have a degree in barology, making you a "barologist" :laugh Maybe do the technique w/some long half inch (or 3/8 depending on how bad you abs are tweaked). anyways there is one request :tongue

Well I don't think my injury is that bad but I really don't think I'm gonna even be bending a coat hanger for a few days at least. It just feels like that muscle is not there right now, just a blank spot in the muscle chain, it is a weird and very specific muscle I am learning, sometimes I don't feel it at all, sometimes it feels like I got 800lbs on my left shoulder. Man I hate it when your body makes crunchy sounds, thats just never a sign of anything pleasant.

Basically from the picture, you got the bar under your leg, right before your butt, the bottom end of the bar is posted on the top of the thigh. The top of the bar is braced against the front of your chest and you twist and crush down at the same time bending around your leg using it as the pivot. It bridges the gap from pulling under the leg to crushdown perfectly on really hard stuff.

It is interesting you are so eager to learn all about the technique that just injured me. Though like I said I beleive it was mostly me being stupid and training it too aggressively too soon.

It is interesting you are so eager to learn all about the technique that just injured me. Though like I said I beleive it was mostly me being stupid and training it too aggressively too soon.

I know kinda silly huh? :rolleyes - is this a technique you have been using for awhile and simply got injured this time or was it a new technique you were trying?

Oh man that stinks. There are certain techniques that it does seem like you have to start out much lighter than you normally would to sorta build things up. Bending behind the neck is kinda like that.

I just tried that tech with a 5/8 by 26 inch bar that I took to about 90 degrees the other day. I stopped at 90 because I was trying all kinda weird ideas and one involved to much twist also and I tweaked my lower back.

Anyway, I just grabbed it and tried this technique and as for now it doesn't seem to be good for me but I felt that way about the between the thighs crush too first time I tried it.

Hope it gets better quick.

Tim

Hmmmm......that s*cks!!

Hopefully it'll heal soon and without any problems ;)

Should probably just be patient a heal. Hope it is a quick recovery.

Hope you recover quickly man!

(btw; I like the shirt. ;))

Edited by luuc

I think I experienced a similar thing a few months back with some horseshoe isos. Something under my left ribs cracked. And made crackeling noises if I tried to push again. No pain but I wasn't able to exert as much force. It went away after a week or so.

Hope it heals up quickly

Thanks guys, I dont' think it's that bad at all, it feels a bit stronger and allot more sore today. David it is cool to know a similar thing happen to you and it healed quickly. I was pretty sure it would but that is reasuring to hear. You are right, just under the left ribs, crunch.