New training routine

amaury

I'm gonna try this routine for my grip training:

day #1 : gripper workout (a few singles only with each hand)

day #2 : pinch workout with plates

day #3 : thick bar workout (single handed deadlifts with my 2"5 loadable dumbbell, a few reps only)

day#4 :  kitchen stool lift (a Brookfield tip of the month)

day#5 : rest

day#6 : gripper workout (few singles)

day#7 : rest

Have you some comments/suggestions before i give it a try?

Thanks.

Research the board and try several of the routines.  You'll find what works for you.  One of the things I've learned is that grip training is pretty specific.  Like the above posts said, figure out what your goals are then design your grip workout around it.  If you're looking for all-around hand strength you're probably on the right track w/the above workout.  Hope it works for you.

Thanks for the feedback !

Yes indeed i'm looking for an all-round hand-strength.

However i have a short term goal, which is closing the #2 consistently, and a long term goal, lifting BW (77kgs) on my 2"5 husky handle dumbbell (i am now at 56kgs with the right hand). I do the pinch only to strengthen my thumb but with no goal in mind.

Oldguy, yes i train the whole body (1 arm clean and press, rowing, dips, deadlifs and squats).

Should i do more gripper workouts (but the thick bar workouts are already very tough) ?

I think w/grip work you'll have better success w/your goals if you train specific for whatever goal you're shooting for.  You might try what was suggested to me:

Do singles on the gripper and the dumbell daily.  Light warm-up then then hit a hard single or two - thats it.  Try adding a few pounds to the dumbell every few days.  You can add a little volume to the grip singles as you progress ie, two singles a day, etc.  A lot of people have been having good success w/workouts like this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ruffhans,

i closed the #2 just once. It was about 4 weeks ago i think. Since then i've been 1mm away from closing it a few times.

It hope to be able to close it consistently within the end of the year...or sooner  ;)