Poor Mans Pinch Grip Trainer

BigJan85

Someone on the GripBoard told me a way to train two hand pinch grip since i dont have the actual apparatus for doing so. I use a T-bar row machine and put 2 45's smooth sides out on for my hands to grip on and then load 25s and anything smaller on. My question is how does this compare to a real 2 hand grip device? Im sure I could lift more on this thing because theres nothin to stop the weight from pressing on the back of the bar which enables more weight to be lifted.

Someone on the GripBoard told me a way to train two hand pinch grip since i dont have the actual apparatus for doing so. I use a T-bar row machine and put 2 45's smooth sides out on for my hands to grip on and then load 25s and anything smaller on. My question is how does this compare to a real 2 hand grip device? Im sure I could lift more on this thing because theres nothin to stop the weight from pressing on the back of the bar which enables more weight to be lifted.

put a 2" pipe through the 45's. and use collars to hold the additional weights. This only works with some types of plates as some are machined to fit only over a 1-15/16 bar.