Access denied

bender

Yesterday, the people running the Ft. Benning server decided that Tom Black's "Big Steel" web page contained one or more of the following: Sexually Oriented material, Gambling, Extremist activity, Hate Speech, Criminal Skills, Cults and/or Illegal Drugs.  It is now blocked.  "Access Denied"  

I guess a site about “Nails” could be a bit sexually provocative.  It could be that this “hateful” activity towards steel is not condoned by the military.  Perhaps they fear that criminals will learn how to bend bars.  Maybe they are wary of the steel-bending cult that is slowly distorting today’s youth.  Personally, I think they just don’t want people learning of the great endorphin rush of bending steel, and the addiction that follows.  Whatever.

Really?  I've actually had a lot of Network errors while reading my own site.  This is the message:

Network error

Unable to read URL from host www.bigsteel.iwarp.com: no response from server

That's a little different than  "Access Denied" however.  It could be they are baning all in the subdomain of "iwarp.com"  The host of my site, freeservers, has strict rules themselves so it's had to say.  I suppose nail bending is an extreme activity, but NOT extremist.  Usually when I reload the page it comes in, or in a worst case I have to stop and start the browser.

No, this message is an all-out “Access Denied” and “Unathorized use of this DOD computer system may subject you to criminal prosecution.”  And “Evidence of unathorized use may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action.”  To make a point, I’m going to access Big Steel all day long, and see if they try to press charges.  This anti-bending stance will not be tolerated!  Power to the bending people!

Guest DavidHW

A thought: aren't there some types of "nanny" filtering software that determine a site's "adult" content by assessing the degree of exposed skin in photos contained on the site? I'm not making this up. I'm sure I've read about this somewhere, how the shading ratio of light to dark can be interpreted as exposed flesh and/or nudity. Anyway, I was thinking that Tom's photos of the old-time strongmen in trunks, posing, organized by gallery, might have set off some type of auto-filter.

FWIW.

David

I always thought that steelbending was sexy!  This proves it!